2010 Journey SXT AWD

TravisCook

So I'm nearly at my whits ends. I have a 2010 Journey with less than 20,000 miles. Since day 1 of owning it with no miles I have experienced a strange vibrations coming up thru the frame of the vehicle. Below 65 I dont feel it. Above 65 I start to feel it, and then above 70 it's more pronounced. I have had it checked 3 times at 3 different dealers. Have had the tire balancing checked nearly a half dozen times. They claim the tires are balanced. So where is this vibration coming from? I don't get it! Also, within the last couple months I notice this real high pitched nearly whistle like noise during acceleration. The pitch of the noice is consistent with the engine RPM's and with the shift points of the transmission. I have the 62TE 6 speed automatic. It has the all wheel drive. I cant' say that the vibration problem has gotten any worse since starting to hear this high pitch whining noice during acceleration. Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm seriously getting so pissed with Chrysler. I have a complaint in with Chrysler customer service and am awaiting a call back from a case advisor. Other than this funky vibration and now this more recent problem of the hight pitched whistle/whining noice I have really liked the vehicle. I've read on other forums that ther vibration could be coming from a turbulant issue due to the rear bumper design and catching too much wind causing a turbulant buffeting sensation. Ok so now what? ha! One other quick thing, when the temp falls below 30 over night and when I start the engine in the morning it knocks real bad for about 5 seconds before it goes away. Oil is clean, as I change it often. It's also full. Not low at all. Don't get this either. As far as the high pitched whine, I have read that there is a service bullitin issued for this very problem on the 62TE 6 speed automatic. I have had it in, and they claim they don't hear it. Well it's not a very loud pronounced sound, but if you really listen you can hear it if the window is down and you listen while accelerating. I'm ready to drive the thing off a cliff and collect the insurance money! HELP PLEASE! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! THANKS!!!!

Edited by TravisCook

• Official Dodge Support

So I'm nearly at my whits ends. I have a 2010 Journey with less than 20,000 miles. Since day 1 of owning it with no miles I have experienced a strange vibrations coming up thru the frame of the vehicle. Below 65 I dont feel it. Above 65 I start to feel it, and then above 70 it's more pronounced. I have had it checked 3 times at 3 different dealers. Have had the tire balancing checked nearly a half dozen times. They claim the tires are balanced. So where is this vibration coming from? I don't get it! Also, within the last couple months I notice this real high pitched nearly whistle like noise during acceleration. The pitch of the noice is consistent with the engine RPM's and with the shift points of the transmission. I have the 62TE 6 speed automatic. It has the all wheel drive. I cant' say that the vibration problem has gotten any worse since starting to hear this high pitch whining noice during acceleration. Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm seriously getting so pissed with Chrysler. I have a complaint in with Chrysler customer service and am awaiting a call back from a case advisor. Other than this funky vibration and now this more recent problem of the hight pitched whistle/whining noice I have really liked the vehicle. I've read on other forums that ther vibration could be coming from a turbulant issue due to the rear bumper design and catching too much wind causing a turbulant buffeting sensation. Ok so now what? ha! One other quick thing, when the temp falls below 30 over night and when I start the engine in the morning it knocks real bad for about 5 seconds before it goes away. Oil is clean, as I change it often. It's also full. Not low at all. Don't get this either. As far as the high pitched whine, I have read that there is a service bullitin issued for this very problem on the 62TE 6 speed automatic. I have had it in, and they claim they don't hear it. Well it's not a very loud pronounced sound, but if you really listen you can hear it if the window is down and you listen while accelerating. I'm ready to drive the thing off a cliff and collect the insurance money! HELP PLEASE! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! THANKS!!!!

Travis,

Found this TSB on the high pitch noise issue. Perhaps it applies to your vehicle. There is also one on the tires but indicates after 20 minutes or so of highway driving the vibration goes away. Does yours go away? I have included that TSB as well. If you PM me your VIN I would like to follow your case.

NUMBER: 21-008-10

GROUP: Transmission and

Transfer Case

DATE: November 10, 2010

SUBJECT:

Transfer Gear Bearing Noise

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves replacing the transfer gear bearings.

MODELS:

2010 JC Journey

2010 JS Sebring/Avenger

2010 RT Town & Country/Grand Caravan

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicle equipped with a 62TE automatic transmission

(sales code DG2) built from January 1, 2010 (MDH 0101XX) through July 28,

2010 (MDH 0728XX).

DIAGNOSIS:

Customers may indicate that they hear a high pitch noise or growl coming from the left side

of the vehicle.

NUMBER: 22-002-10

GROUP: Wheels/Tires

DATE: May 07, 2010

SUBJECT:

Vehicle Vibration / Shake At Highway Speed

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin provides information to diagnose vehicle vibration concerns.

MODELS:

2009-**2010** (JC) Journey

DISCUSSION:

Tires used on the Journey models include nylon cap material as part of their construction.

Tires that include Nylon can temporarily "flat spot" when vehicles are shipped by car hauler

or rail and if vehicles are stored for an extended period.

Immediately following delivery, some vehicles may exhibit a vibration / shake due to

temporary tire flat-spotting. The vibration may be felt in the steering wheel and / or seat,

and may be most noticeable at highway speeds, 60mph (96 kph). This may be

misinterpreted as an out of balance tire.

NOTE: Do not attempt to rebalance the wheel/tire assembly until the vehicle has

been driven for an extended period (10 to 20 miles) at highway speeds.

If the tires are flat-spotted, the vehicle vibration will go away after the tires are warmed.

Edited by DodgeCares