New 2012 Dodge Journey Crew AWD

SteveMorang

Hi Everyone!

I am new to Dodge and to this forum, so Hello!

I have just purchased and taken delivery yesterday of the Journey. Although I really had not really noticed this model from Dodge around where I live in the Bay Area, when I saw the newly designed interior and then took it for a test drive I was hooked. I love the versitility and styling of this car. What do you guys call it, car , truck, SUV or X-over? I am actually moving over from 10+ years with an MB ML, and I can see how Chrysler and Dodge benefited from the cooperation. I am sure that many of the suppliers are still the same. Although I loved the ML, it is not worth twice that of the Journey. All told, the Journey ran for about USD 32k. I went ahead and bought the extened warranty to 5/60k miles and the service plan until 80k. Hopefully that means very little additional costs excepts brakes and tires.

Since I live in a rather mild climate, I am not too concerned about these funky Korean tires that I have never heard of before, Kumho. I have read some reviews, and they actually are ranked very highly. I guess time will tell.

I took some very amateur pics with phone, which I will try attaching to this post.

SM

post-4608-0-24435200-1319311024_thumb.jp

I noticed yesterday over 700 miles of interstates that the Journey is not only relatively unheard of south of the 49th, but they are mysteriously absent from the roads. Through Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and NW Indiana, I spotted ONE, just south of Chicago. I think it was an R/T. Blows my mind. My in-laws had never even heard of the Journey before we bought ours. At home, they're as common as Sebrings were 5 years ago. (Which were almost as common as Pontiac Sunfires. lol)

On an up note, I'm not going to have ANY trouble finding it in parking lots down here ... there won't be five others just like it on every row. :)