MyGig bugs when playing music off HDD

So I haven't quite figured this bug out, but I've got about 500 songs (MP3s) loaded onto the MyGIG HDD. All the songs have correct ID3 tags. Sometimes when I start the car and and it starts playing my mp3's, it'll display the song title and artist. Most of the time, it won't display the song title or artist. Sometimes when I start the car, it will show the current song title that is playing but when the song ends and the next one begins the title won't update to the current song, it stays on the first song. I've tried adding every song to a custom playlist and playing that playlist to see if it displays song titles correctly, but that doesn't work.

The only thing I can do to make it correctly display the song titles it to start the car, go into the setup menu and sort by song title, then pick one and start playing it, and then go back into the menu and tell it to play random. Then it will display song titles correctly. HOWEVER, if I shut off the car and then turn it back on, it will not display song titles again.

Can anyone shed some light? How do you get the system to display song titles correctly and consistently?

Xphyle

• 3 weeks later...

Man. This is crazy. This MyGig system needs a serious firmware update. It's got a lot of bugs. As I reported earlier, the thing rarely displays song titles when playing correctly tagged mp3s off the hard drive. In addition, sometimes when I'm playing a movie and shut the car off, then come back and turn it on, it will resume the movie right where it left off. Other times, it will start the movie from the beginning. This is kind of a pain in the arse when my kids are in the middle of a movie. Lastly, and this is kinda crazy, when listening to mp3s off the hard drive, I've had the mygig change tracks TWICE NOW when making a hard left turn! Probably has something to do with steering wheel controls? Not sure, but crazy nonetheless. OH, one last thing. I tried the wireless headphones out with the rear dvd system today for the first time and both headphones were pretty quiet, even with the volume wheel set to maximum. Anyone else notice this?

Xphyle

You are not alone. Our REN system does not show the titles correctly at times and some other small issues but except for display issues it hasn't failed yet. It will be replaced next week.

As for the firmware updates try this site. http://mofv.com/mygig/

It has all the info on the various systems and the latest firmware updates that you can install on your own. Complete instructions are there on the site.

FYI the core of the system is written by a company called QNX in Ottawa, Canada for most manufacturers. The overlay we see and actual device come from Harman/Becker.

The dealer did not have or know of the updates. That site is very informative and checkout the "lockpick" for those of you who like to customize.

TheStewie