Problems Already?!!?

tool6996

My cruise has not functioned 3 times on the vehicle. It shows on but when you Set it nothing happens. Also either the ESP/BAS and traction control are really sensitive or there is something wrong with mine bc it has come on at least 4 time with no adverse road conditions. Anyone else hear about this issue, waiting to hear from service right now.

Turned out to be a switch in the brake area that was making the computer think the brake was pressed. Fixed all problems above.

you know, i never thought to mention that as a possibility, but i recall a similar problem my parents had on a mid-90's explorer they had bought new once before - it was some kind of cruise control problem relating to a brake fuse i believe, or something like that.

either way, i'm glad it's working well again.

• 1 month later...

We purchased a white front wheel drive SXT about a month ago and have already had a few problems with ours as well. The air bag light will not go off, and there is a whistling noise you can hear when you are stopped and idling. The dealership has ordered something to fix the air bag light and a power steering pump to fix the whistling noise. Also, I think there may be something wrong with the steering or alignment because sometimes the steering wheel shakes a good bit. Oh, and the parts the dealership ordered are taking FOREVER to come in. It's been over a week now and they still don't have them!

We love the car. I just hope we can get these issues resolved and not have any more!

We purchased a white front wheel drive SXT about a month ago and have already had a few problems with ours as well. The air bag light will not go off, and there is a whistling noise you can hear when you are stopped and idling. The dealership has ordered something to fix the air bag light and a power steering pump to fix the whistling noise. Also, I think there may be something wrong with the steering or alignment because sometimes the steering wheel shakes a good bit. Oh, and the parts the dealership ordered are taking FOREVER to come in. It's been over a week now and they still don't have them!

We love the car. I just hope we can get these issues resolved and not have any more!

Just last night, our MYGig started continuously "Acquiring Signal" while in SAT mode and we got no sound even though the screen showed everything was working. Got that reflashed this afternoon, so we'll see....

I had the same Problem with the Whistle in the Dash, the salesman told me that he had service fix it, but when I went to pick up my new journey it was still there. But when I originally had looked at the car there was a peace of plastic in the glovebox that said airflow on it, so I told them to make sure it goes back to where it should be... and again they promised but didnt' fix it. Anyways....

If your vehicle has the Air filter for the A/C I would check your manual it gives instructions on how to install an air filter, for some reason mine was missing the cover and causeing it to whistle because the air filter was not secure. I had to go and pick up the extra part at the stealer and install it myself but it did fix one of 2 whistle noises. The other whistle noise was coming from the air flow control mondule in the upper glove box, at High speed on the fan that one will also whistle unless the valve is open. So Check that one as well.

I hope you have better luck then me with your Journey, I have put 100km's on mine, and alreay have the check engine light on and ESP-BAS lights, and a stained Headliner, and floor. And A dealership that will no provide a rental, even thoug the car is 2 days old... but hopefully all my issues will be resolved as well. I love the car too, so it's a shame all these things have happened.

I had the same Problem with the Whistle in the Dash, the salesman told me that he had service fix it, but when I went to pick up my new journey it was still there. But when I originally had looked at the car there was a peace of plastic in the glovebox that said airflow on it, so I told them to make sure it goes back to where it should be... and again they promised but didnt' fix it. Anyways....

If your vehicle has the Air filter for the A/C I would check your manual it gives instructions on how to install an air filter, for some reason mine was missing the cover and causeing it to whistle because the air filter was not secure. I had to go and pick up the extra part at the stealer and install it myself but it did fix one of 2 whistle noises. The other whistle noise was coming from the air flow control mondule in the upper glove box, at High speed on the fan that one will also whistle unless the valve is open. So Check that one as well.

I hope you have better luck then me with your Journey, I have put 100km's on mine, and alreay have the check engine light on and ESP-BAS lights, and a stained Headliner, and floor. And A dealership that will no provide a rental, even thoug the car is 2 days old... but hopefully all my issues will be resolved as well. I love the car too, so it's a shame all these things have happened.

Wow thats not good luck at all. What caused the stains? Is it a leak or just normal use?

Not good

I hope you have better luck then me with your Journey, I have put 100km's on mine, and alreay have the check engine light on and ESP-BAS lights, and a stained Headliner, and floor.

If you have a sunroof, there was problem with some of the sunroof drains, in the vehicles made before March I believe, that maybe what caused the stains to the headliner/floor, you had spillover from the drains. I think one person on this forum had their's fixed for that.

I picked mine up March 31 and knock on wood, have not had a single problem to speak of. It did ship without the the Homelink sunvisor, but the dealership took care of that as quickly as they could, it had to be ordered. All other options were installed correctly.

Alyssia

Just food for thought but did any of the problems show up when you drove the car for the first time?

I am not flaming here but shouldn't you test things first before you take possession? Sure as hell when I get ours, before I even sign anything, I will be going over the car for about 4 hours testing everything and then a long test drive to see if there is any issues. I plan on testing everything before I sign anywhere. I have a "kit" I am taking to the dealer to test stuff. They havn't seen and anal customer til they see me. It's been too long on order and do not want to go through this ever again.

I plan on picking the car up on a Saturday morning, even if it comes in on a Monday. How's the saying go, "an ounce of cure is worth a pound of prevention"

Sorry to hear of some of the problems some of you are having and hopefully it all gets worked out without too much hassle.

Rob

Thanks for the info. If the power steering pump doesn't fix the whistling then I will check these things out. Oh, and I just found out the part to fix the air bag light will not be in until June 13th!!! That is ridiculous. I told the service manager that Dodge is making these cars and putting them on the lot for sale. They have the parts to make the cars, so why do they not have some lying around to ship when there is a problem? Arrgh!! :banghead: