Uconnect 4.3 - need to add satellite radio

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey SE. Well-equipped vehicle, but I realized it only has AM/FM radio in the Uconnect 4.3 radio that is installed. The deal to take it off the lot was too good, so I bought it. I have two years of Sirius and would like to get it in the vehicle. Is there something I can get that will let me add Sirius to the built-in radio? I know they have the 4.3S option - the hardware doesn't appear any different. Any help is appreciated. If I have to go with a portable radio and plug it in the 3.5mm jack, I will, but I'd rather go built-in.

• Official Dodge Support

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey SE. Well-equipped vehicle, but I realized it only has AM/FM radio in the Uconnect 4.3 radio that is installed. The deal to take it off the lot was too good, so I bought it. I have two years of Sirius and would like to get it in the vehicle. Is there something I can get that will let me add Sirius to the built-in radio? I know they have the 4.3S option - the hardware doesn't appear any different. Any help is appreciated. If I have to go with a portable radio and plug it in the 3.5mm jack, I will, but I'd rather go built-in.

bquerry,

Mopar does make a satellite kit but it only is compatible with certain radios. The 3 character sales code should be on the bottom right faceplate of the radio itself. Once you know that code you can check to see if this kit would work. If you have the RBZ radio, which I suspect you have, the product below will not work. This product can be found at Mopar.com

Product Description

Part# 82210905AC

Mopar Sirius Satellite Radio installation kits are designed specifically for your vehicle. You will experience a new level of depth and content to radio listening which includes 100 channels of digital entertainment coast to coast; 60 commercial-free channels of music and 40 channels of news, sports and entertainment.

Sirius Satellite Radio Installatio­n Kit, includes antenna, wiring harness and I-sheet. Requires radio with integrated satellite radio (RSC) The radios are RES with RSC, REQ with RSC, REN with RSC or RER.

Edited by DodgeCares

bquerry,

Mopar does make a satellite kit but it only is compatible with certain radios. The 3 character sales code should be on the bottom right faceplate of the radio itself. Once you know that code you can check to see if this kit would work. If you have the RBZ radio, which I suspect you have, the product below will not work. This product can be found at Mopar.com

Thanks for the info. I will check out the code when I go out tomorrow. If this won't work and I have to go portable, I know the iPod will sync up to be operated by the radio. Will any Sirius portable radios do the same thing? I know I can just plug the headphone jack into the 3.5mm audio input and power it externally, but am looking for integration if possible. Thanks for the assistance.

I looked in the car, and there is not a three-letter code on the radio. I remember our old minivan had one. I suspect it is under the black faceplate that is around the radio. Sounds like it will just be easier for me to go the portable route at this point.

bquerry,

Product Description

Part# 82210905AC

Mopar Sirius Satellite Radio installation kits are designed specifically for your vehicle. You will experience a new level of depth and content to radio listening which includes 100 channels of digital entertainment coast to coast; 60 commercial-free channels of music and 40 channels of news, sports and entertainment.

Sirius Satellite Radio Installatio­n Kit, includes antenna, wiring harness and I-sheet. Requires radio with integrated satellite radio (RSC) The radios are RES with RSC, REQ with RSC, REN with RSC or RER.

ok... sorry for all the posts. I went through the vehicle materials, and found that the radio installed is a model RHA.

bquerry,

Product Description

Part# 82210905AC