Updated ECU flash for transmission issue

GoodMoodley

An FYI for you guys,

I took my car in to have a few things taken care of. There was a recall for the front door wiring harnesses. I had them use their Star Scan tool activate a set of foglighs and the Uconnect Bluetooth which I had installed myself. I also had them install an OEM remote start kit on the vehicle.

When I picked up the car I noticed that they had applied a "RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL / SERVICE ACTION #10-034" flash to the powertrain control module. I spoke to the tech and was advised that a programming error was causing the hydraulic pressure on one side of a thrust bearing to be much too high. The end result would have been a major transmission failure. The flash that was applied corrected this issue. Now this would not be a concern if we had the lifetime drivetrain warranty that you fellows down south enjoy but in Canada we have not been afforded such luxury.

Here is a link to a description of the problem that I just googled.

http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-RRT-10-034_W0QQugidZ10000000072911967

When I did a search for outstanding recalls on my vehicle this did not come up.

The notice said this only affected a few VIN numbers but it might be something you guys might want to check up on.