Alterative to the MyGig

First off we'll need more info about your Journey. Do you have infinity sound system or no? Because that will increase the installation difficulty and price, but THIS is a popular model for in-dash DVD, Nav, BT and sattelite radio. NOTE: IF you have an infinity, amplified system you will need to purchase a bypass module for about $130. All is explained on the site.

Well that makes life a bit easier. You'll need THIS connector for your choice of head unit. The ones I've seen the most buzz about are the Pioneer and the Alpine. NOW, I don't think navigation is a plug and play kinda thing. Navigarion units need a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) input from the car. There is a lot of debate and down home enginuity going on to solve that issue because of the CAN bus in these and similar DCJ vehicles, but the PAC-audio radion replacement harness is supposed to solve that issue.

Is this a great alternative to MyGig??? That is up to you. If you plan to add aftermarket amps, speakers and subs then yes in the long term. If not, I would search for a MyGig model RER and factory navigation antenna and Bob's your uncle there you go. But it's ultimately up to you. I hope this was helpful and you can make the right choice for you.

Omar

Well that makes life a bit easier. You'll need THIS connector for your choice of head unit. The ones I've seen the most buzz about are the Pioneer and the Alpine. NOW, I don't think navigation is a plug and play kinda thing. Navigarion units need a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) input from the car. There is a lot of debate and down home enginuity going on to solve that issue because of the CAN bus in these and similar DCJ vehicles, but the PAC-audio radion replacement harness is supposed to solve that issue.

Is this a great alternative to MyGig??? That is up to you. If you plan to add aftermarket amps, speakers and subs then yes in the long term. If not, I would search for a MyGig model RER and factory navigation antenna and Bob's your uncle there you go. But it's ultimately up to you. I hope this was helpful and you can make the right choice for you.

Omar

Thanks!!!