Door sills and rear bumper

Rocky281

I just got my 11' Journey LUX and would like to save the door sills from getting scratched up by my little ones climbing in and out since they were used to a mini-van. Dodge has nice aluminum door sill so called covers but are $160.00 and don't cover much at all. Does anyone have anything else they are using or ideas. I believe I need to find some type of 3M tape or the same stuff they use on the bottom of some vehicles that protect against rock chips. Any suggestion of what and where to get it??? Also can't believe Dodge did not put any type of protective cover on the top of the rear bumper so as to not get scratched up putting things in and out of cargo area. (Like a black cover as you see on other vehicles) Looking for something to put on that also.

I just got my 11' Journey LUX and would like to save the door sills from getting scratched up by my little ones climbing in and out since they were used to a mini-van. Dodge has nice aluminum door sill so called covers but are $160.00 and don't cover much at all. Does anyone have anything else they are using or ideas. I believe I need to find some type of 3M tape or the same stuff they use on the bottom of some vehicles that protect against rock chips. Any suggestion of what and where to get it??? Also can't believe Dodge did not put any type of protective cover on the top of the rear bumper so as to not get scratched up putting things in and out of cargo area. (Like a black cover as you see on other vehicles) Looking for something to put on that also.

I bought the Dodge accessory door sill protectors. They are stainless with the Dodge name on them. Odd thing is the fronts are a bit short in my opinion but cover the area that would be scuffed. The rears are the same length as the rear interior scuff plate so they will do a good job. I found mine on Ebay for $120 with free shipping. This link is in the Forum's accessory/modification section under useful links

http://www.autoxclusive.com/xclusiveshop/index.php?cPath=7_209&osCsid=7e0726bb07d222458d51abd0cd8d0097 They have the door sill and a cover for the bumper pad below the hatch. Hope this helps

thanks for the link coolram...I'm also interested in the Journey Rear Bumper Cover...gonna try and find a cheaper price though...

Let us know if you are suceessful, I put one on my 2005 PT Cruiser convertible and it cost me less than $50 installed.

Terry

Does anyone know where I can order the rear bumper pad from other than through the autoxclusive.com website? I placed an order with them last week via PayPal and they never claimed the payment. I later checked PayPal and saw that their account was unverified so I decided to just cancelled the order.

Thanks,

Eric

Does anyone know where I can order the rear bumper pad from other than through the autoxclusive.com website? I placed an order with them last week via PayPal and they never claimed the payment. I later checked PayPal and saw that their account was unverified so I decided to just cancelled the order.

Thanks,

Eric

I got mine from autoxclusive without a hitch and when I had to get the rear bumper cover replaced due to someone hitting it in a parking lot the body shop that I took it to asked me where did you get the cover and I gave them the web address and they got a replacement from them as well...