Smack Down from God

SaskGuy

So... My family and I were camping for the last 11 days...

We were on our way to my Fathers lake house last friday, when my wife commented on how nice our trip had been so far..... BING... Low Tire Pressure warning. CRAP... stopped at a gas station and filled air enough to make it to the Lake. We put a tire plug in and it seemed to hold pretty well.

During a conversation we mentioned how BEAUTIFUL the weather had been during our camping trip.... BANG... Sunday night, a HUGE hail storm hit the lake.. My 2 month old Journey is dented on nearly every panel.. Some of the stones were the size of baseballs. Wind knocked down several large trees.

Driving home today (monday) we make it half way on the plugged tire when I decide to explain to my kids that even though the damage was a stroke of bad luck, we are a very lucky family because we are all healthy and no one was hurt during the storm and BING.... Low pressure warning... The plug pushed out... flat tire.. changing to spare in an abandoned farmyard!!!

I think I will stop counting my blessings now!!!!

That is the very reason why, at the beginning of our shift, if someone makes some remark as to how nice the day is or has been... they are usually the recipient of some scolding comments... and often enough the butt of the jokes (literal and practical) all day/night.

Never stop counting the blessings, though.

Does anyone have any experience with having "paintless dent repair" done to their vehicle? I have a couple of dents from the hail storm that the insurance adjuster says can be fixed by PDR, but I dont beleive him...

078.jpg

077.jpg

Edited by SaskGuy

Actually, as a matter of fact, I just had a small dent in the rear door fixed by a PDR person last weekend. They were quick, and I can't even tell where it was. It cost me about $90 or so to have completed.

One thing - I am not sure how they will fix the one in the roof, for the one in the door, they used a hook type took to go into the door where the window is, and then pushed it out from the inside... I am not sure how they would do it via the roof... Doesn't hurt to give them a shot though.

Looking at your dent, it may be more difficult due to it going across the factory crease in the roof thingy. (Not sure what to call that).

btw.. That's one hell of a dent! You weren't kidding when you said hailstones the size of baseballs!!

If you end up going the PDR route, post back on how they removed the dent, and the type of job they did.

Edited by Armendegga

If you end up going the PDR route, post back on how they removed the dent, and the type of job they did.

I sure will.

All of the dents on the doors and quarter panels shouldn't be much of a problem for them, but there are a couple of them on body lines that I am going to inspect VERY closely before I sign off on this job!!

Perry

Does anyone have any experience with having "paintless dent repair" done to their vehicle? I have a couple of dents from the hail storm that the insurance adjuster says can be fixed by PDR, but I dont beleive him...

078.jpg

077.jpg

Ouch!!! Poor car!! That looks painful! Sorry that happened, there is nothing worse than having a new vehicle and it gets hailed on! Been there and done that, its not fun!!