Permanently Powered USB Port

Easy

Does anyone know if there is a way to maintain power to the USB port permanently (even when engine off)? This would be useful for charging a cell-phone, for example. Alternatively, is it possible to maintain power to any other power plugs (i.e. lighters) with engine off?

The USB port is only powered when the vehicle is on.

If you look at the symbols on the lighter plug covers, you will see either a key or a battery. Those with the battery symbol are powered even when the vehicle is off. The one inside the centre console and the one at the rear of the centre console are powered at all times. The one above the front storage cubby and the one in the rear cargo area are only powered when the vehicle is on.

Edited by drb227

The USB port is only powered when the vehicle is on.

If you look at the symbols on the lighter plug covers, you will see either a key or a battery. Those with the battery symbol are powered even when the vehicle is off. The one inside the centre console and the one at the rear of the centre console are powered at all times. The one above the front storage cubby and the one in the rear cargo area are only powered when the vehicle is on.

Thank you! It is amazing how one's mind produces the evidence to support one's beliefs: I looked at all the plugs before posting the question here, but since the first one I checked happened to be interruptable power, I thought they were all that way, hence I "saw" all the other signs as key-type.

Once again, this solves a major problem for me, so thank you for taking the time to answer my post.