2012 release date?

We missed the ordering window for 2011. Long story short, we waited until we could actually test drive the r/t, then try to order it in black. And of course, most of you probably know the rest....We really love it, even after looking at and test driving some of the competition, its worth the wait. Has anyone heard rumors or wispers as to when 2012 will be available for order? I only hope its very similiar to the 2011 except maybe more 3rd row foot room

We missed the ordering window for 2011. Long story short, we waited until we could actually test drive the r/t, then try to order it in black. And of course, most of you probably know the rest....We really love it, even after looking at and test driving some of the competition, its worth the wait. Has anyone heard rumors or wispers as to when 2012 will be available for order? I only hope its very similiar to the 2011 except maybe more 3rd row foot room

I'm glad to say that there are not many changes between the 2011 and 2012 -- I just got my Brilliant Black 2011 SXT Crew with everything except the sunroof and am very happy with it.

I was googlehunting and found the 2012 Chrysler Fleet Buyer's Guide that lists more information about the 2012 line-up than I had ever seen before.

Some bad news for you? Brilliant Black is gone as a colour as far as this document is concerned... :(

Copied from it:

WHAT'S NEW FOR 2012

• New Rear Seat Video Group I includes 2nd-row 9-inch video

screen, six premium speakers and more. Available on Crew

and R/T AWD.

• R/T AWD leather-faced seating now available in Tan

• New paint colours:

– Storm Grey Pearl

– Blue Pearl

– Copper Pearl

– Red

• Discontinued paint colours:

– Blackberry Pearl

– Brilliant Black

– Deep Cherry Red

The full PDF can be seen at: http://www.fleetchry...CDN_FBG_ALL.pdf

Good luck!

EDIT: Sorry, no idea when they will be available for order...

Edited by Quark

Keep in mind that's the fleet buying guide - ie. rentals, government, company cars. Some options may not be available to the public.

That is interesting about the paint colours though since the three discontinues were the three that had problems due to the Japan supplier.

Any Journey that is factory ordered right now will be a 2012 model as production has ended on the 2011's. I think there are next to no real changes between the 11/12 model years.

Edited by Powdered Toast Man

I would assume after the fiasco with the VC/BT on the 2011's that they would clue in and fix it for the 2012's... Not much of a consolation to any of us with the missing option on the 2011... Further reading indicates that the VC and Bluetooth not only comes with the 8.4" screen, but it also comes as a part of the Convenience Group I.

Edit:

One additional thing I noticed in here - the 8.4" touchscreens both have a footnote stating "Late Availability"

Edited by Armendegga

One additional thing I noticed in here - the 8.4" touchscreens both have a footnote stating "Late Availability"

According to the dealer I dealt with -- the 8.4" touchscreens are in super-short supply and are going to be hard to come by until mid next year according to Chrysler. The terminology used was "constrained supply" and the strong sense was that the 8.4's would be held for vehicles with higher sticker prices. YMMV.

Cheers!

According to the dealer I dealt with -- the 8.4" touchscreens are in super-short supply and are going to be hard to come by until mid next year according to Chrysler. The terminology used was "constrained supply" and the strong sense was that the 8.4's would be held for vehicles with higher sticker prices. YMMV.

Cheers!

One of my local dealers has suggested that I may have to wait until January to get a 2012 model Journey R/T (which includes the 8.4" screen).

• 3 months later...

Obviously something changed between the earlier post stating Brilliant Black was discontinued ... I'm currently looking to take delivery of a brilliant black 2012 Journey CVP/SE Plus on Tuesday. Although, to be fair, I sure don't see many of them around in black. I think I've spotted one R/T this week in black. :)

I dropped my deposit this afternoon, they're cleaning it up this weekend, and installing the remote start Tuesday morning. (Stupid holiday Monday slowing things up!) Picking it up, and saying goodbye to my trusty old '03 Sebring at lunch. Can't wait to get it! I've already downloaded the owners manual and read it front to back. :)

Honestly, black wasn't our first choice, but it was already on the lot, with everything we wanted. Which essentially means Canada Value Package with the Flexible Seating Group. While the Pentastar V6 is a great engine, and the 6 speed attached to it is nice, the 4 is plenty good enough for bootin' around town, and the occasional road trip.

My daughter (8 next month) loves it. All I've heard since we did the overnight test run is, "Are we going to get it? When are we going to get it? Are we getting it?" She was impressed with it anyway ... which I found odd. I think it was the rear seat heating and cooling controls that won her over.

We've had silver or grey vehicles since 2003, and while there's nothing amazing about it, it just never seems to look all that dirty. So with black, the washes will have to be significantly more frequent!

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for Delivery off of rail car for our 2012 Journey R/T White. Checking with dealer they told me it would likely be middle of next year (2012) before the 8.4 screen would be available. We have never seen the 8.4 except for photos, would not have wanted or needed the navaigation so the 4.3 seems to do the trick for what we would use after playing around with it during our test drive. Other than the back -up camera view I think that is the only thing we would miss, we do however have the back-up assist but not the camera. We wanted an R/T in White with Sunroof, flexible seating, chrome 19" wheels, driver convenience package(Back-up assist and garage opener), black leather and no child booster seats as without they were softer. It took alot of searching but they found one and are brining it in from another dealer after it gets off of rail car.....can't wait.

I'm not big on nav systems, so the only thing the 8.4 offered that would have been sweet is the back up camera. But if I REALLY want one of those, I can always go aftermarket. Okay, the built-in Sirius would have been nice too. Can't see why they wouldn't add that to the 4.3, but whatever. I wired up the one I have, and tucked it in the console. Sounds so much better through the Aux In than it used to over the FM transmitter. :)

Hope you get your new wheels soon! We absolutely LOVE our Journey!

Waiting for Delivery off of rail car for our 2012 Journey R/T White. Checking with dealer they told me it would likely be middle of next year (2012) before the 8.4 screen would be available. We have never seen the 8.4 except for photos, would not have wanted or needed the navaigation so the 4.3 seems to do the trick for what we would use after playing around with it during our test drive. Other than the back -up camera view I think that is the only thing we would miss, we do however have the back-up assist but not the camera. We wanted an R/T in White with Sunroof, flexible seating, chrome 19" wheels, driver convenience package(Back-up assist and garage opener), black leather and no child booster seats as without they were softer. It took alot of searching but they found one and are brining it in from another dealer after it gets off of rail car.....can't wait.

I have a guaranteed delivery date of no later than December 30th on mine with the 8.4N.

My original order was NLT Dec 12th with the 8.4.

Though I just noticed you are in Canada. So that might change things.

Edited by Estoyloco

I'm not big on nav systems, so the only thing the 8.4 offered that would have been sweet is the back up camera. But if I REALLY want one of those, I can always go aftermarket. Okay, the built-in Sirius would have been nice too. Can't see why they wouldn't add that to the 4.3, but whatever. I wired up the one I have, and tucked it in the console. Sounds so much better through the Aux In than it used to over the FM transmitter. :)

Hope you get your new wheels soon! We absolutely LOVE our Journey!

My 4.3 has the built in Sirius in it.....

Once again ... must be an option for the 'higher trim' models. But that's alright. I had a Sirius radio in my Sebring, and it wasn't too hard to route the antenna wire into the cabin. It's all very nicely hidden inside the console now, and runs through the Aux in. I don't get artist info on the screen, but I'm okay with that.