3 weeks in and It's not looking good

Amandam

So 3 weeks ago we bought our 2011 journey. It has everything I have wanted in a car for 10 years. All the bells and whistles. One week in the speakers quit working. After a day at the dealership they figured out a cord was lose under the passengers seat. Another week later i was leaving work at 7am and it wouldn't start!!!! How does a brand new car not start. ( its a keyless by the way) We called the dealership and they said to pop off the start bottom and use the key.... This model doesn't have a key hole! They are paying for that. We tested the battery and it was only at 7 volts when it should be at twelve. As I was trying to start it the screen in the dash started giving directions in German... we jumped it and drove it to the dealership. They said the computer box wasn't shutting down properly so it drained the battery. They ordered a new computer which will not be in for a week, gave us a dirty rental with an empty tank. Now we are waiting to hear if it is fixed. Should I expect more problems since we have had such a rough start? What should we do? This car is brand new of the show room floor. Please give me some advice.

So 3 weeks ago we bought our 2011 journey. It has everything I have wanted in a car for 10 years. All the bells and whistles. One week in the speakers quit working. After a day at the dealership they figured out a cord was lose under the passengers seat. Another week later i was leaving work at 7am and it wouldn't start!!!! How does a brand new car not start. ( its a keyless by the way) We called the dealership and they said to pop off the start bottom and use the key.... This model doesn't have a key hole! They are paying for that. We tested the battery and it was only at 7 volts when it should be at twelve. As I was trying to start it the screen in the dash started giving directions in German... we jumped it and drove it to the dealership. They said the computer box wasn't shutting down properly so it drained the battery. They ordered a new computer which will not be in for a week, gave us a dirty rental with an empty tank. Now we are waiting to hear if it is fixed. Should I expect more problems since we have had such a rough start? What should we do? This car is brand new of the show room floor. Please give me some advice.

I would say that if your problems still continue use your local lemon laws and give that lemon back to them.No one should have to pay for a new car and go through nonsense like this,period.

Good Luck to you bud and let us know how it goes.

Yeah, a couple weeks in and I found one of the "SRS Airbag" logos lying in the rear cargo area. It had popped off the C pillar. Recently noticed the rear fascia is not very securely mounted as the corner keeps popping out where it meets the quarter panels by the tail lights. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Journey, but some of these early quality issues have me... concerned for the long term with this vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the club. Touch screen went black and the heat came on full blast. 96 degree days in the south and the heat is on and you can't turn it off. Nice. Took the Journey in and they flashed the computer. Problem happened again and they kept it for 15 days to replace a Telematix module. So far the problem hasn't reappeared but the radio now turns up for no reason as soon as the car is started. Goes to full volume but when you go to turn it back down the volume level usually shows 10 or less. Got out of the Journey the other day and the alarm went off while I was standing beside the vehicle. Fob was in my pocket and had no contact with anything. We are in the process of contacting Chrysler to initiate a buy back. I will go back to GMC or Chevy......

The only issue I have had is I had a dead battery one morning - There are a few of us that have had this issue.... Not sure if I would attribute it to the battery itself, or possibly a bad batch of battery's. For some it has happened numerous times, however has only happened once for myself.

The only issue I have had is I had a dead battery one morning - There are a few of us that have had this issue.... Not sure if I would attribute it to the battery itself, or possibly a bad batch of battery's. For some it has happened numerous times, however has only happened once for myself.

The no-start thing has happened to me also. If the battery was defective you would not be dealing with a very occasional, intermittent problem - it would be a regular problem. I do believe this is a random open-circuit problem caused by a defective controller or bad programming (i.e. computer module).

Join the club. Touch screen went black and the heat came on full blast. 96 degree days in the south and the heat is on and you can't turn it off. Nice. Took the Journey in and they flashed the computer. Problem happened again and they kept it for 15 days to replace a Telematix module. So far the problem hasn't reappeared but the radio now turns up for no reason as soon as the car is started. Goes to full volume but when you go to turn it back down the volume level usually shows 10 or less. Got out of the Journey the other day and the alarm went off while I was standing beside the vehicle. Fob was in my pocket and had no contact with anything. We are in the process of contacting Chrysler to initiate a buy back. I will go back to GMC or Chevy......

I have the same problem with my radio. As soon as I start the car and turn the radio on the volume goes to high. The service tech. has not encounter this problem before. Did they fix your radio and if so, how? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

One thing with all-electronic cars is that if the battery drops below required voltage, weird stuff happens. i drive a 2008 expedition at work. nearly every time i've ever had to jump it off, "some" of the items in the truck refuse to work until i restart it with normal voltage.

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem with my radio. As soon as I start the car and turn the radio on the volume goes to high. The service tech. has not encounter this problem before. Did they fix your radio and if so, how? Thanks

Also have this happening on 2012 Journey, brand new, under 3000km.

Scares away any heebie jeebies you may have had.

• Official Dodge Support

Also have this happening on 2012 Journey, brand new, under 3000km.

Scares away any heebie jeebies you may have had.

Anne,

There is a service bulletin on this issue which requires a radio software update. Also depends on the radio you have. TSB below.

NUMBER: 08-048-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: December 20, 2011

SUBJECT:

RHA And REB Radio Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RHA or REB Radio.

MODELS:

2011-2012 (JC) Journey

**2011-2012 (LD) Charger**

NOTE: This bulletin applies to JC vehicles built prior to **October 4, 2011 (MDH

1004XX) and LD vehicles built prior to July 25, 2011** equipped with

UCONNECT TOUCH 4.3 CD/MP3 (sales code RHA) or UCONNECT TOUCH

4.3S CD/MP3/SAT (sales code REB).

NUMBER: 08-048-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: December 20, 2011

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

· **When the ignition is first turned on, the audio volume is very high.**

· **CD audio glitch and/or audio drop out for 0.2 seconds.**

· No display and no audio on radio.

· The driver's heated seat soft key is grayed out on the radio display.

· CD skips repeatedly while playing.

· CD jumps tracks after cranking the engine, turning the radio off and then on, and/or

after depressing the stop and then play soft key.

· In USB playback mode a blank screen, or the last displayed screen, is displayed

when the ABC soft key is pressed.

· An iPod Nano connected in USB mode may fail to play and/or the Pause and Play

keys are reversed on the radio display.

· Multiple instances of the same Sirius Game Zone entry may be displayed.

· Intermittently, the back-up chime sounds continuously once vehicle is put into

forward gear, instead of shutting off.