Uneven tyre wear.

BAC

The left rear tyre on our R/T is wearing more on the outside than any of the other tyres. If it was a front tyre I'd say the tracking was out, but it's the rear. While in the local dealers today I got them to take a look. apparantly here's nothing to adjust on the rear so the camber or castor angle can't be adjusted. He said it might be an issue with these cars as he had another Journey and the same tyre was wearing faster. Also someone on the UK Caliber forums has had the exact same thing. I'm thinking maybe it's because there's alot of roundabouts on our roads and maybe the tyre is skidding slightly when going tightly around them??

Do you have this problem? Maybe you guys who drive on the right have the rear right tyre wearing faster?

As the Kumho 19'' tyres are impossible to get perhaps I should get the tyre turned around on the rim so I get more mileage out of it. If I did that am I going to need to buy a new TPM valve or can they reuse the old one? I'm led to believe that the TPM's reset themselves so don't need programming by the dealer -is that right?

Cheers!

That's what I thought. But I now know of three cars over here that have this same uneven wear.

I have heard a story that a tyre dealer in Milton Keynes ( a new town with fairly fast roads with lots and lots of roundabouts) does tend to change tyres on the left side of the car more than the right for local customers He swears it's because of all the roundabouts that are wearing the outside of the tyres.

I'll have to keep and eye on it once I get the tyre changed around.