Hey all. I am going to be ordering my 09 Journey this week and am undecided on the navigation. Apparently the MyGIG with the nav in the Journey is a different system. My question is.. for those who have it is ... how do you like it..

I am having a real hard time picturing how you would type in a really long address with a rotary knob. How does that work without a touch screen keyboard???

My friend has a MyGIG in his 08 Jeep and it is all 1 unit up at the top of the dash and is really neat and intuitive. Is this system essentially the same thing just different controls or is it different all together.

I have searched everywhere but cant find any demos on how it works.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

~Dan

Here is an interesting link. You can actually see how some of the features on MyGig work and what they look like.

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/mygig/

It's funny, I watched this video about a month ago and my wife was in the other room, she came in and said are you listening to Hilary Cliton speeches or something. I sat back and closed my eyes and just listened and it does sound like her. I guess that is one way to make money for your campaign.

:hysterical:

Thanks.. that video is actually of the MyGig W/ Nav for vehicle's OTHER than the dodge journey. However.. that did lead me to the Journey MyGig Nav owners manual.

http://www.dodge.com/download/pdf/mygig/my...gps_journey.pdf

I also eventually ended up finding this video

http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2009-dodge-jou...?tag=prod.txt.1

Incase anyone else was interested

Its amazing how much more you can find when your not watchin over your shoulder for your boss to run by.

Thanks guys.. Lookin forward to becoming a part of the community.

• 2 weeks later...
So if the REU is the remote mount on the dash what is the lower radio model on the dash above the shifter? A RER/REN style?

hey Paul the REU is the radio model it has a remote screen for the Nav and the screen is also the same (sorta) as the other MyGig systems but it is NOT a touch screen. Also while in Park, the screen can be used for watching movies

gallery_30_2_146160.jpg

The only problem I have is the little joystick (its the black button in the center silver knob) to navigate through all the different screens. You can use the Voice command ( I hear it is a slow process though) I was tossed between the screen down low (RER I think) with the touch screen (would be alkward to see/watch) or get the Nav with the screen ontop of the stack. One big plus was the Radio was able to play DVD and CD or combination of both in the 6 slot radio. I opted for the REU which is the Nav system. I am not worried about Ipod integration as I can play it through the AUX port and use the Ipod controls

Hope the picture helps you out Paul

Rob

• 1 month later...

I have to agree as well. We are currently in Niagara Falls for the week, and getting around to the various places is a breeze. Either entering the location, picking from the POI's, or voice command.

Well worth having it built in with voice command, seeing as Ontario will be passing a law which states that any electronic device that is not operable by voice will not be allowed to be used while driving.

The location entry using the rotary knob is easy as it blocks out letters of locationss that don't exist. It's a little hard to explain, but it "anticipates" the street you are looking for. Sort of like the text messaging utility on cell phones.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Rick.

• 2 months later...

The joystick is really great, because on the fly, you can move the map up, down left, right, and diagonally smoothly and pretty quickly to follow the path or just to pinpoint another destination. That joystick saved me and it is excellent. A whole map that smoothly scrolls perfecly to anywhere is what i have been trying to find. Even the portable ones that I have seen don't do that; they are too choppy. Give the joysitc a chance guys. It really is great.

Fully Loaded with everything R/T Journey Owner

First time Dodge Owner too!

hey Paul the REU is the radio model it has a remote screen for the Nav and the screen is also the same (sorta) as the other MyGig systems but it is NOT a touch screen. Also while in Park, the screen can be used for watching movies

gallery_30_2_146160.jpg

The only problem I have is the little joystick (its the black button in the center silver knob) to navigate through all the different screens. You can use the Voice command ( I hear it is a slow process though) I was tossed between the screen down low (RER I think) with the touch screen (would be alkward to see/watch) or get the Nav with the screen ontop of the stack. One big plus was the Radio was able to play DVD and CD or combination of both in the 6 slot radio. I opted for the REU which is the Nav system. I am not worried about Ipod integration as I can play it through the AUX port and use the Ipod controls

Hope the picture helps you out Paul

Rob

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the info.

Thanks.. that video is actually of the MyGig W/ Nav for vehicle's OTHER than the dodge journey. However.. that did lead me to the Journey MyGig Nav owners manual.

http://www.dodge.com/download/pdf/mygig/my...gps_journey.pdf

I also eventually ended up finding this video

http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2009-dodge-jou...?tag=prod.txt.1tirecar

Incase anyone else was interested

Its amazing how much more you can find when your not watchin over your shoulder for your boss to run by.

Thanks guys.. Lookin forward to becoming a part of the community.

Avon BF Goodrich Bridgestone Continental Dunlop Firestone Fuzion General Goodyear Hankook Hoosier Kumho Michelin Pirelli Sumitomo Toyo Uniroyal Yokohama tires RC planes wheels on sale tires reviews classifieds videos car

Acura Audi BMW Car reviews Chevrolet Dodge Drag racing Ferrari Ford Honda Lamborghini Mazda Mercedes Mitsubishi Nissan Porsche Street racing Subaru Toyota Volkswagen motorcycles

Edited by trev0006