New from Winnipeg

Powdered Toast Man

Hi everyone! We just purchased our Journey R/T (Canadian version) in April 2011. So far we LOVE it! Our former vehicle was an 06 SWB Caravan. I think ours is an earlier 2011 production model as it has the older front and rear fascias, with the new grills and the added front spoiler. I actually think I like it this way!

As I mentioned, we've had it over a month and are very pleased. The build quality is much better than our former Caravan. It's actually so enjoyable to drive, my wife and I both look forward to reasons that we have to take it out for a spin!

So far, our only complaints are:

-EVIC speed display defaults back to MPH every time the car is started. We're in Canada. Yes, the options in the 8.4 display are set to metric. It's only the speed readout that flips back to MPH every time.

-iPod/iPhone music control is a bit crude. No playlists available at all in the 8.4 screen, and the album display lists the track alphabetically rather than in the correct album order.

-Only option we're missing is the hands free Voice Command. Dealers here didn't understand that the UConnect system now describes the 8.4 media system, and no longer is the name for the hands free.

Anyway, here's our Journey!

Journey%252520004b.jpg

Journey%252520005b.jpg

Journey%252520022b.jpg

Journey%252520013.JPG

Journey%252520020.JPG

Beautiful Car!!!

I think there were some posts earlier regarding the evic default. If you have your dealer look for a repair regarding "evic with garbled text," it should fix your problem.

Enjoy your journey

(only 1 more week till mine arrives happy%20feet.gif )

Beautiful Car!!!

I think there were some posts earlier regarding the evic default. If you have your dealer look for a repair regarding "evic with garbled text," it should fix your problem.

Enjoy your journey

(only 1 more week till mine arrives happy%20feet.gif )

Cool! I found the thread, thanks! I'm going to bring it up at my first oil change. Funny how the dealer still wants me to come in at 3 months and 5000 km when the manual states 6 months and 13,000 km for first service.

Cool! I found the thread, thanks! I'm going to bring it up at my first oil change. Funny how the dealer still wants me to come in at 3 months and 5000 km when the manual states 6 months and 13,000 km for first service.

I am a FIRM beleiver in 5000 km oil changes and will NEVER go 13000 km....

The time between oil changes is not important unless you approach 1 year before making 5000 km.

It has been discussed on here before and I think the manufacturers only state 13000 km so that they can claim a lower cost of ownership.

They also say that oil changes are required more often in extreme conditions... but don't really define "extreme"

Perry