Journey Rear Brake Tutorial

So I've been up and down the internet looking for how to change the rear brakes on my 2WD Journey. i found some helpful tips from members of this forum but nothing quite as clear as what I'd like to share with the Journey community today.

So when i did my research multiple people expressed what they thought would work to push the caliper in and although a needle nose pliers along with other tools may work i feared it may damage the piston. so i looked elsewhere online then went to my local O'Reilly's to rent the fabulous tool i will list in a short while. once i got the tool the job was a breeze.

So here's what will be needed to finish the job with incredible ease.

5778073659_de59edc9a5_b.jpg

5778616730_1a6ccf1cbd_b.jpg

NOTE: the tool costs right around $60 to rent but you get all of it back when you return it.

Edited by Dirty Octopus

aaaand we're fully compressed

5778081879_a537e97831_b.jpg

5778624814_c6ce48eba0_b.jpg

slap on your new pads

5778625200_03c26be1ab_b.jpg

put back on the caliper and put in the 13mm bolts and you're almost there.

5778625520_a4f84a2ff5_b.jpg

Now put the wheels back on, put the car back down, tighten your lug nuts, pump the brakes a bit till they get hard, then take it around the block and beat the brakes a bit more and BOOM. you're done.

Edited by Dirty Octopus

• 1 year later...

The rotors should always be serviced or replaced when performing brake pad replacement. I advise everyone to not neglect this for safe brake operation. This photo procedure is very clear it does neglect servicing the rotors. To do so requires the removal of the rear brake caliper mounting bracket, 2 bolts and at that point either a rotor replacement or turning.

Edited by fjlancers