First Road Trip

drozz

My wife and I took our 2011 Crew on it's first big road test, Toronto to Boston and back. By the time we got home, 7500km in total on the Journey. From the trip, I can say its much better on gas then I though it would be for a 3.6L V6. Took a tank and about a half to get to Boston, full tank showing DTE of 750km in total, with a 8.5L/100km rating. The ride was super smooth. One thing I found was that the cruise control and any sort of hill don't play well together. Where as my 2004 Honda accord we took last year wouldn't drop in speed hardly at all, the Journey when it hit a hill while the cruise was on would slow down 3-4 KPH and then shift hard to speed back up. When needing to pass on the interstate, it was much nicer to have the extra power to blow past slowpokes :) All in all, a very good drive.

Wow, that is a lot of mileage for one trip!!

For the cruise control, I think it is more a function of the transmission being reluctant to downshift unless you really push the pedal far. What I do is switch to manual shift mode when coming to any long uphill climbs and dropping to 5th gear myself. That helps the cruise maintain the set speed.

Chrysler really needs to change the transmission programming to allow quicker downshifts.

Edited by drb227