removable engine cover

So I would be interested in an informed opinion as to the purpose of the removable engine cover, can't really see it as dirt protection, and would it not impair heat dissipation.

One more kick at footwell lights always on with dash lights issue.

Could someone confirm that their footwell lights are keyed to dash lights with no defeat switch.

I have only seen one Journey on the road in my first two weeks driving here in Toronto. Interesting sensation.

thanks allicon10.gif

So I would be interested in an informed opinion as to the purpose of the removable engine cover, can't really see it as dirt protection, and would it not impair heat dissipation.

One more kick at footwell lights always on with dash lights issue.

Could someone confirm that their footwell lights are keyed to dash lights with no defeat switch.

I have only seen one Journey on the road in my first two weeks driving here in Toronto. Interesting sensation.

thanks allicon10.gif

I have not seen the cover you're talking about, but my guess would be that its primary purpose is sound insulation. If I had mine, I could tell you whether the footwell lights stay on all the time, but I have a few weeks to wait yet.

I have not seen the cover you're talking about, but my guess would be that its primary purpose is sound insulation. If I had mine, I could tell you whether the footwell lights stay on all the time, but I have a few weeks to wait yet.

sound deadening seems right, and it is much quieter than the Caravan was, tks.

yes the footwell lights are on the same dimmer switch as dashlights so not defeatable unless you dont want to see the dash.

Engine cover seems to improve the engine noise and doesnt affect the heat at all.

The real reason for an Engine cover is that it makes it more intimidating to work on your own car. The high end makers did this first. The car "looks" more advanced with the Engine cover, yet what really happens is that by looking more advanced, people assume that their dealer will know best how to repair it. Its mostly psychological.

Heck, you can't even replace the battery on the Journey on your own...they hide it in a wheel well.

The real reason for an Engine cover is that it makes it more intimidating to work on your own car. The high end makers did this first. The car "looks" more advanced with the Engine cover, yet what really happens is that by looking more advanced, people assume that their dealer will know best how to repair it. Its mostly psychological.

Heck, you can't even replace the battery on the Journey on your own...they hide it in a wheel well.

The battery change out doesn't look that hard. There's a panel just in front of the left front wheel. I suppose you have to take the wheel off. If you are willing to change a battery then I would suspect that removing a wheel wouldn't be all that big of a deal.