What is that model number on the 6 speed AT tranny?

Do anyone know that model number on the 6 speed AT tranny, and all those techinical info on this tranny?

Other than that, how many HP & Torque is this tranny build for?

Model is 62

6 being forward gears and 2 on a scale of 1-10 of strength.

The new 6.7 CTD has a 68 tranny. The older 5.9L CTD had a 48 tranny. My 2500 Hemi has a 545 tranny.

Nah... not turbo, properly a ram air setup! or those getto one!

Actually I am worrying how good will it even last at stock...

My 96 caranvan blow it's tranny on the highway and only have 47000km, so.... Dodge's car, I always wonder will it really last.....

that means this tranny will last for 20more HP?? or I am wrong?

the 4L caravan (Town & Country) use that tranny too?? Will there be a 63or even 65 tranny that will fit into this car?

Yea... originally charging me 5000 for tranny + labor... after 20min of bitching around, call the head office, the pricer lowered to 750 in total...

For sure they seal their tranny these days, like GM. they find out that there is too many PPL keep touching the tranny in-appropriately, so it end up on their cost... (Sure)

Or like Ford, somehow their tranny oil likes to develop some germs to eat metal... so I guess sealing it will means no germs, water and dirt gets into there, so it may be better? or worst? I really duno...

Most MOPAR transmissions take about 25% more power before they start to impload. But beating the piss out of it like a drag tranny or a T56 will kill it just as fast.

The new 68 CTD tranny is identical inside to the 545 that's in my Hemi. I think the 4th gen Ram is getting a 56 in the Hemi trucks. Sharadon Perfoamnce has upgraded the 545 insides to hold over 600hp now. But untiL SCT get's their tranny programe done 2nd Prime in the trucks will always kill the tranny. Much like the 62's will But the 62 has 4th prime.

Axle 3.43

1st 4.127

2nd 2.842

3rd 2.284

4th 1.452

4th Prime 1.570

5th 1.00

6th .69

Hi, howcome the Hemi's tranny is 545, what is that mean??

Other than that, what is CTD, and SCT stand for??

For the prime gear, how is that really work?? It's mostly for towing stuff or...

Sorry to ask those newbie questions... hope you don't mind

The original 3rd Gen tranny was a 45 in 02-03 for the 360 and 4.7L motors. When the Hemi came out in 03 545 was introduced. It has a tow haul option added to lock out OD along with the POS 2nd prime kickdown. When the MDS Hemi came out their was a button to lock out OD and Turn off MDS. The HD's (2500 frame trucks) do not have MDS.

CTD is Cummins

SCT is a programer. Like LSx Edit, Edge, Diablo and Superchips. SCT makes a tunner for the 3.5L LX cars so maybe they will make one for the 3.5L Journey aswell.

Prime is the Hwy passing kickdown gear. The Ram's have 2nd Prime. While it's nice to have a kick in the ass to move 6000-7000lbs of truck it's Not good to toss it into a gear at 5000rpms.

The 62 has 4th Prime. So instead of going from 5th to 2nd prime like in the Ram's you'll go from 6th to 4th prime. It's higher in the mph and rpms so I doubt the 62 will have the issues of the 545. The 545 is a good tranny it's the clutch packs that are not up to the job.

The 62 is too new of a Tranny to tell how it will do yet.

Thanks for your help. You really make me learn more on Dodge's tranny.

OH, still have more questions for you....

For that Prime gear, how is that work? (If the Prime gear is included, basically that's 7 gear in total)

Base on what I understand, the Journey's tranny isn't a CVT tranny, so how do they do that to create that gear?

Other than that, will it be possible to modify the shifting sequence? Like 1,2,3,4prime, 4,5,6?

You could say 7 gears I guess. But not all 7 would be able to be used. 4th and 4th prime are too close together of a ratio.

You can't modify the shift sequence unless a aftermarket tuning company does this. On the Ram's Superchips has locked out 2nd prime kickdown unless your under 50mph (I think don't quote me on this fact cause I could be wrong).

I'm not sure how the Prime gear is setup.

My stocker is still holding up with 425hp and close to 500lbs of TQ. I'm sure when I install my Procharger on it in the Spring I'll need a new Stage 3 tranny and valvebody plus a TQ converter. Need more power to turn those 38's.