R/T Model

Ken

Hi Guys, new to the Forum.

I picked up my new 2011 black R/T with black and red interior last week and my wife and I love it. The way it drives and handles is really nice and the interior is really a step up. I've also been getting allot of comments on the front end with the black grille and the new front fascia . I wasn't sure if I made the right discussion getting the R/T model but after seeing and driving it I know I did.

Chrysler is back in the game and getting allot of positive feedback on all there new products. I'm very impressed. Keep up the good work.

yes, yes, yes, i love it when other people acknowledge chrysler's accomplishments, look at what this company was putting out 2 years ago and you'd be disgusted. also you wouldn't believe how far they've come since they asked for the govt loans, they're going to pay them back by the end of this year. i think they are paying the loans back at least 3 years earlier than expected. and my family has been through some tight moments in the past few years because both my father and sister work for chrysler at auburn hills.

congrats on the r/t, know you'll love the car. how do you like the engine, do you like using the autostick or is it a slushbox??

and of course, a rule of thumb on any car forums, you have to post pics. i do it all the time, it's what brings a forum into conversation, not just words. :yahoo:

Hi Guys, new to the Forum.

I picked up my new 2011 black R/T with black and red interior last week and my wife and I love it. The way it drives and handles is really nice and the interior is really a step up. I've also been getting allot of comments on the front end with the black grille and the new front fascia . I wasn't sure if I made the right discussion getting the R/T model but after seeing and driving it I know I did.

Chrysler is back in the game and getting allot of positive feedback on all there new products. I'm very impressed. Keep up the good work.

Welcome!

I share the same sentiment about Chrysler. I can't stand it when people Chrysler bash because of junky cars they've put out in the past. Change does not come overnight, but they have been making leaps and bounds in quality and technology recently. Generally speaking it won't be long before the big three get mass recognition for their improvements and vehicle offerings - won't happen overnight but the proof is showing more and more with every new model year.

I have a '69 Dodge Monaco...the motor has never been apart, nor has the transmission. Over 40 yrs old and still running like a top and has always been a very reliable car. 15-20 yrs after being built, most imports have already fallen apart and have been recycled into made-in-China toasters.

There is nothing like Detroit steel, plain and simple. Detroit understands what north americans like in their cars...understands the passion for our car culture. Any time I've had to drive an import (such as a rental), offshore shortsightedness of that has always been evident to me, especially for a guy like me that has passion for cars - not just A to B transportation. You need look no further from the fact that none of the imports offer a true muscle car, like the Mustang or Challenger, simply because they don't understand them and the people who buy them either. They've had a free ride of success off the simple fact that the big 3 took their market for granted in the 80's and 90's and cheaped out on product to make a bigger buck. That is simply no longer the case as the big 3 have experienced quite the reality check the past few years.

Well I will end my rant there!

Edited by Geer

Congrats!! Hubby and I also just picked up my 2011 Black R/T 3 days ago and we both just LOVE it!! I can't even stay I have one favorite feature because I love the whole car!! I was especially excited yesterday when we were playing around with it and discovered it has a DVD player!! Now just to get a rear screen installed and we will be good to go! LOL