Posted pics of my new R/T

Geer

Figured I better do this before the car gets dirty...black is awesome but high maintenance for visual appeal. Pics are in my album "Geer's R/T" which I think is showing up at the top of the main board page for now. This is first day after delivery and I did not waste any time installing a few Mopar accessories- chrome mirror caps, fuel filler door, locking fuel cap, and R/T emblems on the front fenders (which is typical of R/T heritage...not sure why Chrysler isn't putting those call-outs on the sides). Nothing like chrome on black!

I love the 19" painted aluminum wheels, they are clean and modern looking and set the car off nicely. Very happy with the Journey - hope that sentiment continues!

My link 1

My link 2

My link 3

My link 4

Edited by Geer

Figured I better do this before the car gets dirty...black is awesome but high maintenance for visual appeal. Pics are in my album "Geer's R/T" which I think is showing up at the top of the main board page for now. This is first day after delivery and I did not waste any time installing a few Mopar accessories- chrome mirror caps, fuel filler door, locking fuel cap, and R/T emblems on the front fenders (which is typical of R/T heritage...not sure why Chrysler isn't putting those call-outs on the sides). Nothing like chrome on black!

I love the 19" painted aluminum wheels, they are clean and modern looking and set the car off nicely. Very happy with the Journey - hope that sentiment continues!

My link 1

My link 2

My link 3

My link 4

awesome,awesome, awesome, I am in the same boat as sackguy, now I really can't wait for my black r/t, nice touch with the r/t on the side, but now I have to say now it makes my waiting even worse. enjoy your ride. :D

Yep, sure did. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Where did you get the R/T badges? Are they the rear badges from dealers parts department? Ebay? That is a MUST mod...

Looks awesome.

here you go, quick search on ebay does the trick. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Dodge-Magnum-R-T-badge-OEM-2006-thru-2009-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0fe74143QQitemZ180655440195QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

here you go, quick search on ebay does the trick. http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the link.... I will check with dealer on monday regarding the canadian price. I get jobber price through work.

Check out that guys ebay store!! If you buy the r/t emblem for a charger, it is $26. If you buy the r/t emblem for a magnum, it is $22. They are the same OE part number 4806327AC.

I guess Charger owners are willing to pay a little extra!! No offense mainmango.....

LOL

Thanks for the link.... I will check with dealer on monday regarding the canadian price. I get jobber price through work.

Check out that guys ebay store!! If you buy the r/t emblem for a charger, it is $26. If you buy the r/t emblem for a magnum, it is $22. They are the same OE part number 4806327AC.

I guess Charger owners are willing to pay a little extra!! No offense mainmango.....

LOL

haha, none taken, yea ebay prices vary from the same seller, it's very unusual but i see it all the time.

LOL

Yep, just as mainmango suggested - I bought OEM Mopar emblems on Ebay @ 2 for $30! They are identical to the tailgate emblem. Just peel and stick. You need to put steady pressure on the emblem for 30 seconds after placing it. The mirror caps are the same.

The mirror caps are the same.

I bought the miror caps. the door sill plates and the chrome gas cap cover, which look good. I also got the hood air deflector and the sunroof air deflector. On the two deflectors I added some chrome trim which in my opinion looks very good. I also put some chrome trim on the black valance below my grill on the front of the car. It's not overpowering but IMHO helps the front of the vehicle. I 've got some R/T emblems on order from my dealer. I will post some new photos when I get home.

Terry

It looks fantastic. I'm waiting on my 2011 blackberry pearl which should be in next week. I'd love to do the same similar thing to mine.

How are the Mirror caps and gas cover at installing? i'm worried to scratch the paint incase i ever wanted to take them off. Any chance you could link the type and were you bought them? Im not having much luck searching for journey mods.

It looks fantastic. I'm waiting on my 2011 blackberry pearl which should be in next week. I'd love to do the same similar thing to mine.

How are the Mirror caps and gas cover at installing? i'm worried to scratch the paint incase i ever wanted to take them off. Any chance you could link the type and were you bought them? Im not having much luck searching for journey mods.

Thanks. All the items I put on are Mopar brand accessories. Below is a link to the US online store/catalog - you can copy the part numbers and take them to your dealer for pricing.

My link

Filler door was easy. Per the instructions you put some painter's grade masking tape around the door opening so that you won't accidently scratch the paint. The hinge bracket was a little tough to get out from the slot, I had to close the filler door to get the bracket out and same going back in. Otherwise its a breeze - just 2 screws.

Mirror caps were a little more tricky. You need to make sure the housing painted surface is clean - the cap kit even comes with a cloth and small alcohol wipes. You test fit before pulling the film off the adhesive tape. Carefully position in place and apply 30-lbs pressure for at least 30 seconds (all these details are on the info sheet included). I did notice my driver side cap isn't a perfect fit, and I might have to take it off or perhaps try to bond the loose side with some RTV squeezed into the joint. You can probably remove them after the fact. Adhesive tape residue can always be removed with the correct solvent.

The online catalog also has the kit installation directions in PDF which you can download and review.

Good luck!

Edited by Geer

• 3 weeks later...

I finally received the badges today, and got them installed on both sides. Looks pretty good. I have the chrome fuel door as well, and the locking gas cap. I didn't go for the chrome mirrors as of yet as I am not sure I am thrilled with the idea of them just being covers that just stay on with adhesive. Overtime where I live especially in winter/rain I would think the adhesive would wear off or something.

Hi Greer! I'm also from Winnipeg and I've got almost the same identical R/T as you! Only difference I see is that you ended up with the new fascias and I got the holdover ones on the early year builds.

Mine:

Journey%252520004b.jpg

I've thought about the chrome door sill guards, but my only hesitation is that winter salt water could get trapped underneath and create a breeding ground for rust. Anyone know if this is a problem in the 4 season places like Canada?

I've thought about the chrome door sill guards, but my only hesitation is that winter salt water could get trapped underneath and create a breeding ground for rust. Anyone know if this is a problem in the 4 season places like Canada?

I never really thought about it when I got mine. I am in Regina, I do like mine though, Your can see photos of my car in the gallery.

terry

Edited by Windancer

Hi Greer! I'm also from Winnipeg and I've got almost the same identical R/T as you! Only difference I see is that you ended up with the new fascias and I got the holdover ones on the early year builds.

Mine:

Journey%252520004b.jpg

Hey, nice to see a fellow R/T owner from Winnipeg!

• 2 weeks later...

My link 1

My link 2

My link 3

My link 4

I agree with the 19 inch painted rims looking good. The chrome rims are nice ,but to many cars have very similar looking rims. The silver painted rims almost have an after market look.

I agree with the 19 inch painted rims looking good. The chrome rims are nice ,but to many cars have very similar looking rims. The silver painted rims almost have an after market look.

To keep the rims ,brake dust free I used Armour All rim protectant. The rims have been clean for two weeks , and should be good for at least another week. without this spray I had to clean the rims every four days.

post-3811-0-29222300-1307916270_thumb.jp