Seized right rear caliper slide

I have 32,000 miles on my 2010 R/T. The other night my wife complained that she smelled a burning smell. I went over to her side (right rear....passenger side) and smelled scorched brake pad and the rotor was extremely hot. The next morning I took it to the dealership. I jacked it up the following morning and spun the wheel. There was definitely more restriction than expected. I drove it to the dealership ( I figured I could do more damage only going < 10 miles as I just drove it probably 25 the previous evening ....cough, cough). The dealership declared that the caliper slide pin was seized. They replaced the right rear rotor as well as both sides pads. They also said they lubed the caliper slide pin on the left rear as well...I hope so. That's kind of irritating as there are very few issues that should be had on modern vehicles, especially calipers as they've been around for so long. Just wanted to vent...maybe a thought to pull your calipers and lube them as I've read online that others have suffered this defect.

• 1 year later...