Personally, I think it is pessimistic. The problem is, it stops counting down the kms after a certain point and just says low fuel. I wish it would just keep counting down the kms, like my wife's Fusion.

I once waited until my gas guage was on the E for a good bit before filling up and I still had 8 litres of gas left.

• 2 months later...

I have the 11 Mainstreet. I find that the Distance to empty ticks down to about 35 miles, then it says low fuel, thing is, I wont be near the e line, I will drive to the e-line and fill the tank- past the auto stop and up the filler tube. I can still only get 17 gallons in and it doesn't hit the Full line. I plan on taking it back to get this fixed. It is annoying not being able to rely, even slightly on the gauge or distance to empty reading.

Not sure there is much that can be done to fix this. I have the same issue, as I suspect would everyone else.

As I said earlier in this thread, I've driven my Crew with my gas gauge on the E for a while and still only managed to get 70 litres into the 78 litre tank. The gas gauge is very pessimistic and as a result, so is the DTE calculation.