iPhone Track play order?

I just got my new 2011 with the 4.3 Uconnect system. Love it. The only issue I have is that I cannot seem to figure out how to get the music player to play tracks in the intended order from the iPod. It will only play tracks in alphabetical order. Is there a way to change this?

Welcome to the Journey club!

As has been reported in other threads on this board, many of us are having issues with the way the Uconnect system in the 2011 Journey (4.3 or 8.4 system) handles music playback over USB or SD Card.

I experienced the same problem as you the first few times I used my iPhone connected via USB. The Browse button would be greyed out and the only option would be to play music in alphabetical order.

What I can tell you is that, after a week or so of using my iPhone to play music over USB, the Browse button would light up and it has stayed working ever since. I can only guess that the Uconnect system has to do some sort of indexing and that this indexing process takes an inordinate amount of time.

Several other issues are present that will need a firmware update to fix:

- There appears to be no playlist support for iPhone/iPod. I never see a playlist button when my iPhone is connected.

- If you have the Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth option, the system simply does not work to control music playback via voice commands, despite what it says in the manual.

- Album artwork is hit or miss. I seem to get album artwork displaying for maybe 70% of the music on my iPhone.

- The system will sometimes show the wrong artist name for a small amount of my music. I know that all my music is tagged correctly with both album art and artist/song titles, so this is definitely another Uconnect problem.