New 2011 Journey Crew

brandon27

So, back last summer my lease on my 2008 Avenger was up, and I wanted to get away from a car and go to a bigger vehicle with more room, and I wanted to be sitting up a bit higher. At the time I test drove several times a 2010 Journey SXT. I loved the vehicle, and its space inside, and its style outside, but I despised the interior. Im a bigger guy, I'm 6'4", 215 and the interior up front in the 2010 was a disaster to me, the way the center console and the radio stuck out was brutal when it came to restricting space and leg room. Much to my disappointment it made me pass on the 2010 Journey. Long story short, I ended up buying a used 2007 Nitro as a temporary solution. A little off topic here, but I LOVED the Nitro, I just hated putting gas in it the way gas prices are currently. So, when I heard Dodge completely re-did the interior on the 2011 Journey, I just had to go take a look, and I ended up buying it, here's my impressions...

When my salesman (who i've known for years because I worked for the dealer for several years prior) first opened the door, he was thrilled to show me the new inside of the Journey, however when I looked at it at first glance, I wasn't to thrilled. I thought it looked strange. I took it for a ride anyways, and absolutely fell in love with it. The new dash, is very nice. The new 8.4" touch screen, is incredible. The new EVIC between your tachometer, and speedometer is very nice, the seats are comfy, all in all, after time, it completely grew on me. What I really enjoy, is how quiet the vehicle is. Under acceleration, I still, a week after getting it have to look down to make sure the car is still running, its that quiet on the inside. No wind noise, hardly any engine noise, and a smooooooth ride all in all. I'm blown away by it so far. Then top that all off with no need for keys with the push button start, and the keyless entry that automatically unlocks the doors for me when i touch them with the key in my pocket, and the USB port built into the vehicle that replaces the old Mygig built in hard drive system, and this thing is just a great, great vehicle all the way around.

My only complaints so far, the EVIC seems to always default the digital speedometer to MPH, I'm in Canada so I need it in KM/H. You can change it with the click of a button, but once you turn off the car, and restart it, its back in MPH again. It's rather iritating. My dealer is working on a solution for this now. The only other thing that bothers me, I feel the rearview mirror on the windshield is too big. It blocks an awful lot of the view for me out of the windshield, especially during right turns. Its easy to look around I guess, but a pain nonetheless.

I'll snap a few pictures of it tomorrow and pop them up here so some of you can check it out. All in all, so far, one week in to my life with the Journey, I'm very very pleased with it. Great vehicle, great features, and all at what I thought was a very good price/value at under $30k.

Edit: Sorry Mods, I see now that I should have put this into the Owner Impressions forums. Please feel free to move it, or I can repost it there for all to see! Sorry!

Edited by brandon27

really glad that someone that went from the room to a nitro to a journey is not complaining. I'm 6'2'' and the current center console can be annoying at sometimes. but i know that when our 2011 mango tango arrives, all that will change. my main car is the charger though. TONS OF ROOM AND COMFORT, the journey is more of a secondary car if its home because it will be a company lease vehicle where we can put unlimited miles on it and all the service is done by chrysler. :backtotopic: glad you like the car and really can't wait for ours to arrive. :woot:

That is exactly like mine! I hope you love it as much as I love mine! :)

I do so far, only thing I dont like is that the damn EVIC always defaults my speed to MPH, instead of KM/H. I always have to change it everytime I start it. Very irritating. Still no fix from my dealer. :rant: