thoughts on the 2011

jdram88

hello everyone i am new here, and i joined this forum because my girlfriend is getting redy to buy a 2011 journey ( myself i drive a 2010 ram slt) and im trying to help her with choosing her vehicle, so far she has decided that she wants an r/t ( im canadian and we still have the r/t not the lux) sooo here are a few questions i have :

1. does the new journeys u connect still come with the ipod cable in the glove box?

2. can you get heated/cooled cup holders?

3. is the back up camera standard?

4.can you play dvds on the touch screen?

any anwsers would be great... i have talked to dealers.. but i can never get a real anwser than you !!!

Welcome!

I have a white 2011 Crew that I picked up on March 1st. Loving it!

1. No - the USB port is now inside the centre console storage bin. Much better place for it! I leave my USB cable plugged in and routed outside the front of the centre console cover so that I can quickly plug my iPhone in at any time.

2. Sadly, no heated/cooled cup holders.

3. Backup camera is not standard on any model in Canada. How you get it depends on which trim level you choose and which option package you chose within that trim level. On the R/T, you need to add the Driver Convenience Group to get the camera.

4. Yes, you can play DVDs on the 8.4" touchscreen but only while parked.

One other bit of info - if you want to have Bluetooth in the R/T for your cell phone, you need to also add the $300 Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth option. Bluetooth does not come standard on any model in Canada.

Hope this helps!

Welcome!

I have a white 2011 Crew that I picked up on March 1st. Loving it!

1. No - the USB port is now inside the centre console storage bin. Much better place for it! I leave my USB cable plugged in and routed outside the front of the centre console cover so that I can quickly plug my iPhone in at any time.

2. Sadly, no heated/cooled cup holders.

3. Backup camera is not standard on any model in Canada. How you get it depends on which trim level you choose and which option package you chose within that trim level. On the R/T, you need to add the Driver Convenience Group to get the camera.

4. Yes, you can play DVDs on the 8.4" touchscreen but only while parked.

One other bit of info - if you want to have Bluetooth in the R/T for your cell phone, you need to also add the $300 Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth option. Bluetooth does not come standard on any model in Canada.

Hope this helps!

There's alot of confusion about what equipment gets you the Bluetooth. The dodge.ca website says it's extra. However I just picked up the newly-available 2011 Journey sales brochure (very nice brochure by the way) and on the Uconnect page it says that if you order the 8.4N Uconnect which is the 8.4 media system with extra-cost navigation ($750) then it also includes the Uconnect voice package w/ Bluetooth.

My R/T is coming in within 2-3 weeks so I guess I'll find out if that's true or not (I ponied up for the 8.4N).

I have seen a number of 2011 R/T's on dealer lots. Unless they had the $300 Uconnect voice command w/bluetooth option, they did not have the two voice command buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. Either the brochure is wrong, or this is something new. It is still a separate order option on the dodge.ca website for the R/T model.

I guess it's asking too much for things to be consistent and straightforward!