FRONT BRAKE COMPONENT EXTENDED WARRANTY 2010 Journey

Hi All..

Just got a letter from Chrysler Canada today about 2010 Journey brakes and rotors being extended to 40 KM 2 YR warranty.

They will offer to pay for past services that fall under the new extended warranty period provided you have receipts.

Thought I would let everyone know...

I also received the letter re: front brakes. I already changed the pads and rotors myself, back in Feb 2011.

Upon calling Chrysler Canada customer assistance, I was told to mail in the receipt fo the parts and I should be reimbursed.

While talking to the customer service Rep I was informed of the recall "K07" for the front door wiring harness issue.

I also mentioned that my rear brakes are just about shot, and was told to bring this to the service managers attention at my local dealership

when I take my Journey in for the recall work. If the dealer is not willing to help with the rear brakes I was requested to call Chrysler Canada

customer assistance back and see what they can do.

I will update on the situation after going to the dealer.

Just received my letter.

Replaced front pads/rotors @ 36000km and 24 1/2 months. Work was done at an independant garage.

Replaced rear pads/rotors a week later at the dealer. Suspected a seized rear caliper, and garage recommended going to dealer in case it was warranty. Dealer said it wasn't seized.

Will be calling the 1-800 number asap. See if I get any of my $800 back.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I have a Dodge Journy 2010 and got the warranty letter about 40k. I notified them at around 36k and asked them to check brakes (because of letter) and they did not even look at them - they stated it was only if i was having issues. Now at 42k I am can not drive Journey without grinding.

Today, i am taking the dodge for oil changing and I will be asking them to fix the brakes too. I will let you know how it goes. I suspect they will argue since i am over the 40k mark.

I have spoken with 2 garage mechanics and both state that a new vechicle should not need to have brake pads replaced at 42k.

fingers crossed

Edited by jeffyboyy