2011 Crew

Ricky Butt

Welcome!

I have had my white Crew for a little over 2 weeks now.

I've been having issues with the Uconnect voice command not working for controlling music playback on iPhone/USB/SD Card. If you are able to test it out after you get your Journey, I'd love to know whether or not the voice command works for you when trying to control music.

Welcome!

I've been having issues with the Uconnect voice command not working for controlling music playback on iPhone/USB/SD Card. If you are able to test it out after you get your Journey, I'd love to know whether or not the voice command works for you when trying to control music.

Will Do!!

Welcome!

So I can confirm that none of these features work for iPod/USB/SD card. I have also downloaded the Uconnect manual and there is no mention of the features being available for the usb sources.

For some unknown reason, the Uconnect manual does not have the voice commands available, it is actually in the Owner's manual that you will find the Uconnect voice commands.

It says "These commands can be spoken when playing music from your SD card, USB device, CD or iPod, after pushing the Uconnect voice command button". This is from page 163 of the Owner's manual.

They devote an entire page in the manual to this particular feature and it simply does not work. Very frustrating, especially after having gotten used to using voice commands to control my iPhone music playback in my wife's Ford Fusion with Sync! They better come out with an update to fix this real soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just signed the papers for my 2011 Journey Crew as well and just can't wait to get my hands on it!!! Below cost is amazing! If you don't mind me asking.....do you know how much "cost" was for the vehicle. I bought mine using the Employee Choice program but they never broke down the discount at all. How do you know what the actual cost is? I guess you just have to trust them??? Just curious if you have any info on it.

Welcome!

"a little over 2 weeks" and your FUELLY says 9 fill-ups?

Holy Crap !!!!

"a little over 2 weeks" and your FUELLY says 9 fill-ups?

Holy Crap !!!!

You do realize that the post you are referring to was written two months ago?

i have had my Journey since March 1st, it is now May 20th as I type this post.