Newbie w/ Journey on Order

Geer

Hi guys and gals,

Another Journey newbie signing in. I factory ordered an '11 Journey R/T AWD at the beginning of February to replace my '07 Chevy Equinox. Signed up for a black-on-black base R/T plus trailer tow prep and Navigation. Stayed with the painted aluminum wheels as I had a hard time paying $500 for chromed plastic wheel covers, plus the local dealers are putting the chromies on all their ordered cars so I just wanted to be slightly different.

The Journey is part II of purging GM from my driveway. Last fall replaced our '07 Montana SV6 with a new stow 'n go Grand Caravan. While my Equinox has been a good vehicle, I regretted not getting an AWD model from day one...roads here are ice covered 5-6 months of the year.

I also own a '69 Dodge Monaco 2-dr hardtop summer cruiser which I bought in 1996. Now there's a real car, folks.

Didn't take too much convincing to sign up for the Journey, as the 283hp v6 is class leading, and power was at the top of my want-list (that being said- the Journey is also one of the heavier crossovers out there). But also for the std equipment on the R/T none of the rivals came close for equipment or price. The $2,000 factory incentive and $2,200 I talked the dealer out of also made this an easy choice!

Looking forward to getting the Journey. I want to add a couple things, chrome R/T badge on each side, plus I'd really like to get the chrome side mouldings that are available on the US market Journeys, but not here for whatever reason.

With my luck they'll come out with a Journey SRT6 next year, but the reviews on the new pentastar motor have been good.

Welcome to the forums.

I've got a 2011 Lux AWD with the Pentastar and I have no regrets. The Journey replaced a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the V8, and I've gotta say, the Lux is right up there with the power. Much smoother than the Jeep, too.

I think it has plenty of power for it's intended use...hauling my kids, wife, and groceries from time to time. I don't intend to tow with it, so that was never much of a concern. Plenty of snow here in Michigan, making AWD a good thing to have.

Welcome to the forums.

I've got a 2011 Lux AWD with the Pentastar and I have no regrets. The Journey replaced a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the V8, and I've gotta say, the Lux is right up there with the power. Much smoother than the Jeep, too.

I think it has plenty of power for it's intended use...hauling my kids, wife, and groceries from time to time. I don't intend to tow with it, so that was never much of a concern. Plenty of snow here in Michigan, making AWD a good thing to have.

Hi there, thanks for the welcome. Its nice to hear the vote of confidence on the 3.6, thanks. My Journey will be a daily family hauler, much like you, so its good to know it does that job well for you.

Next time in North Dakota I'll have to stop by a Dodge dealer and check out the US market Journeys. I know the Lux is at the top of the heap and it must be decked out with all the bells and whistles.

Here in the great white north, the R/T is the top trim level for the Journey. And furthermore its the only trim level that has AWD available (and in fact you have no choice, there's no R/T FWD). So I had to pony up to the R/T to get the AWD. Yes, twist my arm to grudgingly take the leather interior and associated toys, LOL.

Edited by Geer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...