That bl**dy car alarm!!!

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and to Dodge Journeys and in all honesty this is the first forum i've been a member of ever. I bought my Journey (used) just over a week ago, (59 plate UK) and was over the moon with it except for one little but annoying problem, the alarm goes off for no reason, morning, noon or night it doesn't matter. Is this a common fault? Has anyone else had the same problem? Is there a remedy for this?

Any info from anybody would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes its a problem. Well known by dealers.

There are 2 issues, the first is the most common, its all down to the interior movement sensors for the alarm. There is a replacement kit from the dealer that will solve it....it did mine, I'm surprised yours hasn't been done already.

Until the second problem developed. Its identical symptoms...only the key fob doesn't turn it off. In fact the key fob does nothing! Dealer can't find anything wrong. Have to carry a spanner with me to undo one of the power feeds to reset the internal gubbins.....I had it down to about 45 seconds at the end, but its no good at 2am!

Long story short....now got rid of it, couldn't risk the alarm and no way to reset it. Got a very very good deal....it was a 59plate....I wonder if you bought it!!!

(But I miss my Journey and would buy the Fiat if it comes here!).