Leaking sunroof

I just brought home a journey sxt with a sunroof. Well, it rained today and the journey proceeded to fill with water. It seems to be coming from the sunroof. The headliner is soaked, the interior lights in the front fileed with water and leaked out through the seams. It didn't even rain that hard. Quess I'll be taking it back. Other than that, I like it so far. :(

I just brought home a journey sxt with a sunroof. Well, it rained today and the journey proceeded to fill with water. It seems to be coming from the sunroof. The headliner is soaked, the interior lights in the front fileed with water and leaked out through the seams. It didn't even rain that hard. Quess I'll be taking it back. Other than that, I like it so far. :(

Blame your dealer. If you search these threads, you'll see that this was a known problem and should have been fixed around the 15th of March or so. I'll try to find the thread for you.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=100

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=30

There you go. It was a "rapid response recall".

Xphyle

Blame your dealer. If you search these threads, you'll see that this was a known problem and should have been fixed around the 15th of March or so. I'll try to find the thread for you.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=100

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=30

There you go. It was a "rapid response recall".

Xphyle

Thanks, I'll call the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it will be done before it rains again!

• 3 months later...

My wife and I bought an R/T last week... had the car for less than 12 hours and we got (thankfully) the first rain in East Tennessee in a few months. My wife got in the car the next morning to go to work and it was soaked inside... The headliner was dripping water down on the console, all over the MyGig, it was dripping through the map lights and infrared sensor, the floor was soaked.... I looked up into the sunroof area and water was coming in at a pretty steady stream. I drove it back to the dealer and returned it. Our enthusiasm for the car was extremely high when we test drove it and bought it at a really good price for what it compared to other cars in the segment, but our confidence was rattled in the workmanship and we decided to make a pass on it. The dealer, Cogdill Dodge, in Knoxville was very cool about the return--they didn't try to spin it or force the issue, they said they understood our concerns and didn't want to push us back into a car that was now soaked and not up to par as "new" to us. We drove over to the Mazda dealer and took the deal offered to us on a Grand Touring CX-9 and at $4000 more over the Journey and a couple of weeks driving it we have no regrets. I hope Dodge pulls it together on these issues... its the kind of stigma that sticks with a buyer and gives the notion that they don't build a good product... its not like you are buying a TV or appliance, its a $20,000-$30,000 investment in your peace of mind and need for dependability and transportation.

sorry to hear that. Is this design fault or just bad workmanship?

My wife and I bought an R/T last week... had the car for less than 12 hours and we got (thankfully) the first rain in East Tennessee in a few months. My wife got in the car the next morning to go to work and it was soaked inside... The headliner was dripping water down on the console, all over the MyGig, it was dripping through the map lights and infrared sensor, the floor was soaked.... I looked up into the sunroof area and water was coming in at a pretty steady stream. I drove it back to the dealer and returned it. Our enthusiasm for the car was extremely high when we test drove it and bought it at a really good price for what it compared to other cars in the segment, but our confidence was rattled in the workmanship and we decided to make a pass on it. The dealer, Cogdill Dodge, in Knoxville was very cool about the return--they didn't try to spin it or force the issue, they said they understood our concerns and didn't want to push us back into a car that was now soaked and not up to par as "new" to us. We drove over to the Mazda dealer and took the deal offered to us on a Grand Touring CX-9 and at $4000 more over the Journey and a couple of weeks driving it we have no regrets. I hope Dodge pulls it together on these issues... its the kind of stigma that sticks with a buyer and gives the notion that they don't build a good product... its not like you are buying a TV or appliance, its a $20,000-$30,000 investment in your peace of mind and need for dependability and transportation.