Squealing noise

haken459

Hello, I have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. We bought it used . It has a squealing noise coming from the passenger side of engine when idling. Just came back from the dealer that changed the belt. Problem still here. I was wondering if it's coming from the belt tensioner or other belt driven accessory? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

just a question... Is the noise a chirpish squeal that gets worse after the engine is warm? just wondering I am a Service tech at our local dealer and I am working on a journey with this engine noise. I have torn it down enough to say that it is the water pump beginning to make the noise. I removed the timing covers off and ran the engine and could pin point the noise on the water pump which is dead center of the V. Thats why its hard to find. Hopefully this helps someone...

Kyle

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. We bought it used . It has a squealing noise coming from the passenger side of engine when idling. Just came back from the dealer that changed the belt. Problem still here. I was wondering if it's coming from the belt tensioner or other belt driven accessory? Thanks.

I have a 2009 w/21K At 14K heard the squeal reported it twice, dealer couldn't find. Finally diagnosed and water pump replaced at 17K----only the tip of the iceberg with this vehicle but just to share...