The waiting game

lagers

Ordered my SE plus loaded white Journey o Mar 24th....Talked to the dealer yesterday and he said it was built but it still at the factory, no VIN number yet. Looks like I'm the only one that went with the SE on this site. Has anyone else ordered a SE? On Monday it will be 8 weeks since I ordered. I hate waiting.... I'm from Saskatchewan Canada

Hello Legers and welcome to the Form,

I would go back and talk to the dealer. I received my VIN when it went into the schedule to be built which was about two or three weeks before the build date and I believe that is the experience of most other members of the form. When you receive your VIN it enables you to get a firm quote for insurance, etc. Ask your Dealer " How come everyone else gets the VIN before the build date except you" and bring the existance of this form to his attention. I find you can gain a lot of information from these forms including good dealers and not so good.

Good Luck with your new Journey whenever it arrives.

Keith

Ordered my SE plus loaded white Journey o Mar 24th....Talked to the dealer yesterday and he said it was built but it still at the factory, no VIN number yet. Looks like I'm the only one that went with the SE on this site. Has anyone else ordered a SE? On Monday it will be 8 weeks since I ordered. I hate waiting.... I'm from Saskatchewan Canada

just re-read your post, you ordered March 24th and DO NOT have a VIN # yet???????????? I think we had our VIN about 3-4 weeks later. I think what I would do is do a search of dealers in " ;) Saskabush " either through Canadatrader.com or go through a provincial search. We have the "Alberta Dodge Dealers" and can search through there.

keep us posted. Geez and I thought I had it bad :fool:

Rob

I wonder if the dealer had a "stock" order in the system that matched what you wanted, and because of that it will take longer to get. As was mentioned before, the stock orders are handled differently that special orders.

I would have the dealer check your order status on the computer, and see if your name is on it, or if it shows just the dealership.

Rick.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles with the order. I think the dealer has a lot of explaining to do. There has to be more to this story than what they are telling you. I would complain direct to Chrysler. I know you will not be happy with another vehicle since you've been looking forward to this one so much. I believe something something happened to the Journey en route like stolen, destroyed, etc. If it did why not just tell you.

By the way my Journey pops up on that site you sent.

Keith