New pads and rotors at 9900 miles - ugh!

mwhitcomb

Add me to the list of people who have had to have the front pads and rotors replaced at less than 10,000 miles! I am so angry at myself for not reading the reviews of the 2009 Journey before buying one. I have leased my last 5 vehicles, finally decided to buy. Bought a used Journey R/T with only 6500 miles on it. My first Chrysler product - always bought GM. Brakes started squeaking the 2nd day I owned it. Finally took the car in and found the rotors warped and glazed. Of course, out of warranty. The dealership told me that they could probably go to bat for me with Chrysler, however, I would have to pay the first $100 which I did. I am just so frustrated by all of this because I know it will happen again and again as I have ready about it over and over. Lesson learned, last Chrysler product for me.

While the car was in the shop it also had various other repairs that I will post in other sections. I'll keep this one to the brakes.

• 4 weeks later...