2011 Journey AWD came home with me

mrjones944

I have been a car guy for a long time and this was one of the biggest automotive surprises I have ever seen. My wife wanted a new car for her birthday and I started taking her for test drives of various cars (Edge, Taurus, Outback etc..) but nothing fit her quite right. While at the auto show here in Detroit a few weeks ago we were in and out of every conceivable crossover and then she and I looked at the interior of the 2011 Journey. Impressive to say the least. I was expecting a cheap interior with nothing but hard plastic and a look of a $15k budget rental. We set out with a budget of $40k so there was quite a lot of choices. She ended up liking a mainstreet awd version optioned out (preferred equipment, safe&sound, heated seats etc...) which was out the door for less than $30k The interior, exterior, drivetrain, and suspension are all very impressive. Had her up to 110 on the freeway last night without really trying (not that its important or advisable to go that fast). I think chrysler really hit a home run with this car.

I have been a car guy for a long time and this was one of the biggest automotive surprises I have ever seen. My wife wanted a new car for her birthday and I started taking her for test drives of various cars (Edge, Taurus, Outback etc..) but nothing fit her quite right. While at the auto show here in Detroit a few weeks ago we were in and out of every conceivable crossover and then she and I looked at the interior of the 2011 Journey. Impressive to say the least. I was expecting a cheap interior with nothing but hard plastic and a look of a $15k budget rental. We set out with a budget of $40k so there was quite a lot of choices. She ended up liking a mainstreet awd version optioned out (preferred equipment, safe&sound, heated seats etc...) which was out the door for less than $30k The interior, exterior, drivetrain, and suspension are all very impressive. Had her up to 110 on the freeway last night without really trying (not that its important or advisable to go that fast). I think chrysler really hit a home run with this car.

That is great to know since I am considering to trade in my 2010 for a 2011.Did dodge fix the brake issues on the 2011?And what about the gas consumption..is it better now and or is it just the same.

I take it as you stated that the 2011 is more powerful than the 2010 cause i really think dodge messed up on the 2010 models.

I might go to the nearest dealer soon and try one out for my self maybe that is the only way to find out I guess.

Hey enjoy your new ride by the way.

That is great to know since I am considering to trade in my 2010 for a 2011.Did dodge fix the brake issues on the 2011?And what about the gas consumption..is it better now and or is it just the same.

I take it as you stated that the 2011 is more powerful than the 2010 cause i really think dodge messed up on the 2010 models.

I might go to the nearest dealer soon and try one out for my self maybe that is the only way to find out I guess.

Hey enjoy your new ride by the way.

I think it may be a bit early for a fuel consumption comparison, glad your gonna keep it in the Mopar family.

ahead full

• 1 month later...

glad you liked the journey and i also saw it at the detroit auto show, chrysler is really changing their game when it comes to quality:price ratios. very high unlike ford or gm, their prices are much higher. and mopars are the best looking cars on the road no doubt. it does me proud that my father works for chrysler.

And what about the gas consumption.....

The gas mileage on these cars is not real great. You can click on the My Fuelly logo near the bottom of this post to see mine. It is all over the map. I think that I have had 33 fills or thereabouts, it has11,000 kms (6600 miles) on it. As you can see it varies a lot.

Terry