RBZ USB to Hard Drive Question

I'm trying to transfer music to the hard drive and keep running into the same problem. The unit only sees about a third of the files on the USB drive, regardless of how the USB drive is formatted. I'm beginning to believe that the USB port is a huge thumbsuck for file transfer, and the most effective way to put music onto the hard drive is via CD. Which isn't very efficient. What am I missing? Is there a limitation of the USB port that only allows it to see and transfer a percentage of the contents?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Tom Ciciora

That sounds frustrating, I had no problems loading files to the hdd. I just went out to see if i could replicate your symptoms. But it worked flawlessly with 3 different zip drives

sounds like it may be a software issue(updates may be available), or possibly either a faulty zip drive or faulty usb on the radio.

Software and Database Updates

Visit http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/mygig/ for information on available software and database updates.

Updates are available for the radio software, and the Gracenote® music recognition technology database.

Please read the specific instructions on the update discs before installing the updates.

Contact your local authorized dealership if you need help or more information about the available updates

• 2 weeks later...

Last thoughts on this one. Apparently, there is something wrong with the software in the RBZ as it will only display about a quarter of the titles on any removable media or the hard drive. It will play all of the titles eventually. You just can't see all of the titles.

Additionally, (at least at my local dealer) not all salespeople know that iPod control is available only with the uConnect modules installed. Dempsey Auto in Plano, IL trumpeted the feature loudly (and, it's also on the sticker). I had the radio replaced once, which (obviously) fixed nothing and finally, the owner offered to allow me to purchase the uConnect modules at cost. I declined.

I imagine that I could make a Federal case with Dodge, especially as the sticker said 'iPod Control' and the interface connector was present in the glove box. The entire issue has run over my attention span.

T