What can I do with my VIN #

dscmmc5555

I just got my VIN # and my salesrep says all the computer tells them is that it is still in the build stage. It has been in this stage for almost 2 weeks now. Is there anything else I can do with the VIN # to get a status? I was able to plug it into the Dodge web site to see if there was any recalls and it did come back saying it was a 2009 R/T, so I know the # is good.

I want more info though. What # in line is it for the actual build. Only reason I am getting impatient is that I would like to have the car within the next 2 weeks before I go on a trip. I know this might be pushing it but it would be sooooo nice to have it for our trip.

Seth

I just got my VIN # and my salesrep says all the computer tells them is that it is still in the build stage. It has been in this stage for almost 2 weeks now. Is there anything else I can do with the VIN # to get a status? I was able to plug it into the Dodge web site to see if there was any recalls and it did come back saying it was a 2009 R/T, so I know the # is good.

I want more info though. What # in line is it for the actual build. Only reason I am getting impatient is that I would like to have the car within the next 2 weeks before I go on a trip. I know this might be pushing it but it would be sooooo nice to have it for our trip.

Seth

My sxt, convenience 1, sunroof took 7 weeks from order date to delivery at dealer in toronto. One of these forum entries listed all of the build codes. Your dealer should provide your build code status which would give a more accurate delivery date. enjoy

you know Seth, sorry to be harsh but the Journey can sit in a "waiting to be built" stage for weeks I've heard of guys waiting up to 6 weeks. Now I do not think this is going to happen to yours. I have read somewhere, might even be here, that the Customer orderes get bumped ahead of the stock orders

I know how you feel about waiting. There is nothing, from what I understand, that you can do. When I got my VIN, it was I think 3 weeks before I got an estimated shipping date. From there it was about 4 days and I had a Firm or Fixed (can't remember) shipping date which was April 23rd. From there it is just wait. The Salesmanager said it can take up to 3 weeks to get the car from Mexico to the nearest yard. Now from the nearest yard to get it trucked over then PDI'd then for you to inspect it and sign papers.

Hang in there, I know it is frustrating

Rob

Unscheduled

BX – good order, available for scheduling

BB – fleet order only – review by Bid Department

BD – special equipment processing

BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before the order can be considered for scheduling

BG – order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling

BG F – finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days

BG B – model or option hold

BG B – build out hold

BG L – material restriction hold

BG M – material hold (fleet)

ZA – cancelled order

Scheduled

C – tentative schedule

D – firm schedule: serial number is assigned.

D1 – gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned

D2 – gateline: framing and build imminent, usually within 3-6 days

Note: Once a vehicle reaches scheduled (C or D) status, it cannot be cancelled by the dealer. Orders can sit in D-status for up to 60 days.

Build

E – framing

F – paint

G – trim

Built

I – unit is pending final inspection

J – vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier

JB – shipped to body vendor

JE – shipped to emissions

JJ – consigned body vendor

JS – shipped to storage

KZ – released by plant and invoiced

Note: Vehicles must reach KZ-status before an invoice can be generated.

Traffic Codes

KZ L – released but not shipped

KZ M – first rail departure

KZ N – first rail arrival

KZ O – delayed/received

KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit

KZ OB – zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold

KZ OC – carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold.

KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle lacking parts, vehicle in repair, storage hold

KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle

KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed

KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction

KZ OH – all other carrier codes that currently post an “O” delay code that are not included above

KZ R – vehicle within a few days of arrival to dealer

KZ T – second rail departure

KZ U – second rail arrival

KZ X – delivered to dealer

KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new

KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

this is the sheet I was thinking of, hope this helps abit

Rob

"I would also like to add to Rob's post by saying that it will completely depend on what "type" of vehicle they have in production. As an example, when you placed your order, thay might be producing the FWD 4 cylinder model, which means they will produce all orders with that configuration. I would guess that they would predict which vehicle is being ordered more often, then retool for that model for a period.

I also believe I read on this forum somewhere that the actual "build" takes only 48 hours. I am not sure if the Nav option makes a difference, or if it is a supplier issue.

You may notice that some of the members who have ordered similar options on very different order dates, have close delivery dates.

Hang in there, and the dealer should be able to show you the status.

Rick.

Thanks for the replies.... The status code is "D". My sales rep actually checks daily to see if has changed. He is going to be off next Tues. and Wed. so he will check again Monday right before he leaves. He has been pretty good with calling me back when I call in. I also was able to find the status by calling Chrysler Customer support and just providing my VIN and VON.

I was hoping that my car would be built the same time Rob's was being built since we both had the NAV system.

I am hanging in there. This site has helped a bunch.

Hey Rob .. We almost have the same aged kids. I have a girl who is 7 and a boy who is 12. Girl is about 4 feet 4 inches. My son is 5 foot 7. They are both excited about the car too, but say I am just obsessed with this whole thing. All they see me doing is looking at this site or searching other information about the Journey.

I am glad I am not alone.

Seth

Thanks for the replies.... The status code is "D". My sales rep actually checks daily to see if has changed. He is going to be off next Tues. and Wed. so he will check again Monday right before he leaves. He has been pretty good with calling me back when I call in. I also was able to find the status by calling Chrysler Customer support and just providing my VIN and VON.

I was hoping that my car would be built the same time Rob's was being built since we both had the NAV system.

I am hanging in there. This site has helped a bunch.

Hey Rob .. We almost have the same aged kids. I have a girl who is 7 and a boy who is 12. Girl is about 4 feet 4 inches. My son is 5 foot 7. They are both excited about the car too, but say I am just obsessed with this whole thing. All they see me doing is looking at this site or searching other information about the Journey.

I am glad I am not alone.

Seth

Hey Seth, that is cool we have the same aged kids :slapfight: , and it is OK to be obsessed with the Journey too

I went by the dealership 2 times today Once at 6am and then again in the afternoon, just waiting for it. Obsessed is when you get up at 5:30 am just to go and see if the car is at the dealership, oh wait :hysterical:

Rob