Power Door Lock Problem

wraith13

Today my front passenger door lock started to stutter/flutter when it is was auto locking....I tried both the door switch and fob....same thing....passenger door only. OK so 3 years ago I had exactly the same problem with my 2007 Nitro, and guess what....there was a TSB out for it...they fixed it and that was the end of the problem. Looking at the switches and things in the Journey look alot loke the Nitro, so I'm gonna make an appointment with the dealer and then ask if anyone elese has this issue. It happens only when there is a change in temp from around freezing to a quick drop below freezing.

I'll update the thread once I find out. Also, I have used the Nitro forum......http://www.nitroforumz.com/......to help with minor issues that I had in common both the journey and nitro......hope I haven't broken any rules with the site I listed, I'm just trying to help:)

cheers,

John

Today my front passenger door lock started to stutter/flutter when it is was auto locking....I tried both the door switch and fob....same thing....passenger door only. OK so 3 years ago I had exactly the same problem with my 2007 Nitro, and guess what....there was a TSB out for it...they fixed it and that was the end of the problem. Looking at the switches and things in the Journey look alot loke the Nitro, so I'm gonna make an appointment with the dealer and then ask if anyone elese has this issue. It happens only when there is a change in temp from around freezing to a quick drop below freezing.

I'll update the thread once I find out. Also, I have used the Nitro forum......http://www.nitroforumz.com/......to help with minor issues that I had in common both the journey and nitro......hope I haven't broken any rules with the site I listed, I'm just trying to help:)

cheers,

John

I had a similar problem with driver side not locking or unlocking in cold weather. Dealer removed door panel & found a connecting clip not installed correctly by Mexican technician (maybe vehicle was built on a friday). Anyway, works fine now.