Oil Change Message, Already???

Kech

I don't understand why I'm already receiving the "Oil Change", message after only 4000km...It states in the owner's manual that oil change intervals are at 10000km... What gives???? Can I ignore the message for now?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I don't understand why I'm already receiving the "Oil Change", message after only 4000km...It states in the owner's manual that oil change intervals are at 10000km... What gives???? Can I ignore the message for now?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

the message is an algorithm based program that measures duty cycles, ( cold climates, short trips, stop and go traffic) will all shorten the time between oil changes.

I think the 10000 km is merely a failsafe number that the industry uses.

Change you oil or risk voiding your warranty

the message is an algorithm based program that measures duty cycles, ( cold climates, short trips, stop and go traffic) will all shorten the time between oil changes.

I think the 10000 km is merely a failsafe number that the industry uses.

Very good to know, I have the same message on my car and it only has 5000 kms. on it. It has been cold. with only short trips to work in stop and go traffic. good thing I'm booked in for an oil change tomorrow.

Regards

Terry

• 4 weeks later...

My first 15,000 kms or so, my "change oil" message would appear after about 4500kms. I was told to expect the first few oil changes early due to the engine still breaking in. I'm at 21,000 km and haven't heard a peep since the last change about 7,000kms ago.

Antares: $60 for a regular oil change? Thats in the higher end. You sure its not synthetic? Next time you need one ask for a deal or you'll be taking it to the nearest walmart. Its still under warranty as long as you keep all reciepts and do it within the proper intervals. You can even do it yourself.

My first 15,000 kms or so, my "change oil" message would appear after about 4500kms. I was told to expect the first few oil changes early due to the engine still breaking in. I'm at 21,000 km and haven't heard a peep since the last change about 7,000kms ago.

To quote Fleshwound

"the message is an algorithm based program that measures duty cycles, ( cold climates, short trips, stop and go traffic) will all shorten the time between oil changes. I think the 10000 km is merely a failsafe number that the industry uses. Change you oil or risk voiding your warranty "