Beware UK Jouney R/T Owners

Al B

I have had my Journey R/T since Oct 09 and has been a great car to drive. Problem I have now is it's due new tyres, but I can't find any in the UK. The only make of tyre for this car is KUMHO and they appear to be on back order. No one can give me a date of when they will be in stock. So if you need new tyres (225/55/R19) you better start looking and don't get a punture or your car will be off the road. Not even Chrysler UK customer service can help. I said to them, you should not be selling cars if we the customer can't get tyres for it. My only hope is someone on this forum can advise. I might even have to buy four new wheels, but does that invalidate the warranty.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

check that site for tires that are within 3% of the oem tires

255/50-19 >>>>41 choices $172 and up

245/55-19>>>>>>4 choices $177 to $186

255/55-19>>>>>>13 choices $171 to $254 ***** exact size as the 16" and 17"

found these on Tire Rack's http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp?s_kwcid=TC|21306|tire%20rack||S||5463332888& website. a bit expensive but at least there is a variety of brands. Some of which should outperform the OEM 19 inchers

you may not have a tire rack store in the uk, but it will show you the different options available. Still sucks if you need to buy tires if only 1 needs replacing

Thanks for the advice. I will have to look into changing tyre sizes as it appears the KUMHOs are on back order in the UK but no one knows when they will turn up. I believe a 235/55/R19 may be the best option as there is not much difference to the speedo.

• 4 months later...

I have had my Journey R/T since Oct 09 and has been a great car to drive. Problem I have now is it's due new tyres, but I can't find any in the UK. The only make of tyre for this car is KUMHO and they appear to be on back order. No one can give me a date of when they will be in stock. So if you need new tyres (225/55/R19) you better start looking and don't get a punture or your car will be off the road. Not even Chrysler UK customer service can help. I said to them, you should not be selling cars if we the customer can't get tyres for it. My only hope is someone on this forum can advise. I might even have to buy four new wheels, but does that invalidate the warranty.

I have just tried my local dealer Wadham Tyres in Putney who deal directly with the Importers of Kumho tyres they told me this morning that this size is still not available anywhere in the UK at this time (May 2011) Im going to Majorca in it next week and then Romania and want a full size spare to take with me, just in case.

Im going to try for this 235 size and see what I can find...