Tire sizes

timmer547

so i have been looking into a different tire for my journey. dont really like the Kumho tire that is OEM but every place i have check out for a tire for my journey has told me that kumho is the only company who makes a 225/55/19 tire. Does anyone know if a 225/40/19 tire size would work or possibly a 235/55/19 tire?

• 2 weeks later...

so i have been looking into a different tire for my journey. dont really like the Kumho tire that is OEM but every place i have check out for a tire for my journey has told me that kumho is the only company who makes a 225/55/19 tire. Does anyone know if a 225/40/19 tire size would work or possibly a 235/55/19 tire?

I'm in the same boat right now. I ended up buying 16" winter tires with rims as 19" winter tires don't exist. We're kicking outselves in the rear 'cause we should have gone with the 17' rim cause as it is right now, we can't get 19" SUMMER tires! What's wrong with the Kumho tires? Treads not any good? Best place to ask about the tires is the dodge dealer tire sales reps. I'm in Europe and the european's don't use 19" tires so when looking for winter tires, they offered me a variaty of sizes that would be compatiable with my vehicle and steel vs alum. Let me know what you find out. Like I said, I'm looking to buy summer tires NOW 'cause we trashed our 19" all season one when we put on the winter tires because the tread was done.

Thanks and GL!