Problem with DVD rear install by dealer

We had the dealer install a mopar 10" rear dvd screen on our new SXT.

First - we have to take it back to have them fix both the Uconnect and voice recognition which are now not working.

Second, they ran a wire to the radio's aux input to hear the DVD's audio via the Journey's speakers if we wish to do so, rather than the wireless headphones. This was done instead of (at least I assume) installing the FM modulator (FMM) as indicated on the install manual (select 'installation guide - K6860475.PDF' , page 11 on the dvd player's webpage). I checked behind the glove box and wasn't able to locate it.

Is this common to do or a new procedure via mopar, or should they have installed the FMM. I would rather have the FMM, and want to dealership to install it per the instructions as shown on the web rather than installing a FMM myself. I just want to be sure I haven't missed anything on the web indicating they should use the AUX input on the radioi instead of the FMM.

Thanks.

when you go in to get the u-connect vaoice recog. recallibrated, asked them for a demontration for the new VES.

and question them about the FMM ask them to show you the actual module behind the glovebox

If it is a new prcedure, they still will owe you the FMmodule as well as any other unused parts. it was part of the package and you paid for it

sorry I wasn't much help, but electronics/wiring makes my brain hurt

cheers, Ron

• 2 years later...

We had the dealer install a mopar 10" rear dvd screen on our new SXT.

First - we have to take it back to have them fix both the Uconnect and voice recognition which are now not working.

Second, they ran a wire to the radio's aux input to hear the DVD's audio via the Journey's speakers if we wish to do so, rather than the wireless headphones. This was done instead of (at least I assume) installing the FM modulator (FMM) as indicated on the install manual (select 'installation guide - K6860475.PDF' , page 11 on the dvd player's webpage). I checked behind the glove box and wasn't able to locate it.

Is this common to do or a new procedure via mopar, or should they have installed the FMM. I would rather have the FMM, and want to dealership to install it per the instructions as shown on the web rather than installing a FMM myself. I just want to be sure I haven't missed anything on the web indicating they should use the AUX input on the radioi instead of the FMM.

Thanks.

Hi

Did you manage to resolve the issue with FM modulator? I have the same problem. what did they do to resolve the U Connect? I finally gave up on the dealer and installed the microphone myself and it is working well so far although its a pain that the system does not recognise my voice that well at times.