New to Dodge Vehicles

LAR

I just biught a new 2010 Journey 6 Cylinders and 3.5 liters motor. It's a great family vehicle, good road movements, excellent features, a lot of storage space.

I'm a little concerned abour the MPG. During the first weeks I obtained up to 22 MPG with a low MPG of 16. This week it's averaging 12.9 MPG.

Anyone is having this situation?

I just biught a new 2010 Journey 6 Cylinders and 3.5 liters motor. It's a great family vehicle, good road movements, excellent features, a lot of storage space.

I'm a little concerned abour the MPG. During the first weeks I obtained up to 22 MPG with a low MPG of 16. This week it's averaging 12.9 MPG.

Anyone is having this situation?

Depends on your driving habits and the fuel you use. I have 2010 SXT and get 24.5 to 25 hwy and 22 avg city hwy combo.

Are you using 87 octane or 89 as recommended... I use 87 octane most of the time but when I'm not sure of a gas station's quality I use 89 octane

Don't go by the trip computer, do the actual math. Mine (R/T AWD) read 12.9 and I actually got 15.5, another time it read 23.8 and I actually got 22.0, and if you do use the trip computer you should reset it completely every time you fill up, otherwise it gives you a running average that is not usually very accurate.