Saying hi with a problem

lgbnaf2d

Greetings, long time viewer but no posts until a problem crops up (typical). 2009 Journey SE has been relatively trouble free since purchase used in Nov 08 with about 6K miles on the clock. Any issues were handled by dealer, after a couple trips back and forth, but warranty is long over. At 56K miles now. Problem: The traction control kicks in randomly usually around a minute or so after startup. Could be going straight or turning. Power cut, light flashes and I'm dead in the water for a few seconds. Long enough to be dangerous. It has gotten to the point where I take the long way around for fear of crossing a major intersection since there is no light. Full disclosure: My tires are mismatched. I have 225/60 16 on front and stock 225/70 16 on rear but this has been happening before the change over. Don't want to waste diagnostic money at dealer since no codes are thrown and I'm sure I'll get the "unable to reproduce." Any ideas? Ready to throw in towel otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a 2009 Journey SXT bought in Nov. 2008 , last Sunday tried to start it remotely which didn't work; when i got into the car and started it, most of the lights in the dash stayed on and when driving it the speedometer didn't work either. on taking it to the dealer i was told it was the TIPM(totally integrated module) which is under warranty for 60k or 3 years. this module controls a lot of things. so you should take it to the dealer.

• 1 month later...

This is your problem. I see this all the time with people originating from "south of the border". I don't have a politically correct term for describing the driver/owners. And if anyone with an AWD reads this...NEVER run different size tires on an AWD. A flat tire can cause problems too.

Until you fix the problem turn it off with the switch on the dash.

"225/60 16 on front and stock 225/70 16"

Edited by Erich