PLEASE HELP

ALLIEM

2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad 
2.4L 
140,000 miles

PLEASE HELP

After going through the car wash, my battery light came on. Then my powersteering pump was whining, my brake pedal got rock hard and a few moments later the car shut off and would not restart or crank. When trying to start it, my check engine light came on and it says to service park assist. No crank, no start… won’t even click. After hours of troubleshooting, we’ve found the car has a bad ground somewhere. So there’s problem number one to resolve. But we have it temporarily grounded. We have jumper cables from the negative battery terminal to the engine block (gives us ground). That allowed it to at least click when trying to start it. Then we tested the starter. We took the ignition wire off and made our own jumper wire and used a power probe to give it voltage. Now, the engine cranks… but still no start. No codes have returned and it will just crank over with the jumper wire and power probe. 

ANY ideas?! We’re desperate at this point.