Help! Finding Kumho tires is a nightmare!

JourneyWoman

Hi,

Three weeks ago I purchased a 2009 Journey SXT with 5400 miles on it. I love the car and have become very fond of it:-) My problem is that I let my daughter borrow it yesterday and she ran over a piece of metal (I know, it could have happened to me, too) and it ruined the tire. I have spent the better part of the day trying to find a new tire for it (and I live in a rather large city). NO ONE carries it and Kumho is at least a month behind in production!! My Journey takes a Kumho Solus 225/55/19 KH16 99T. Are there any more options as far as tires go? I can't drive on a "donut" for a month! Is Kumho the only one who makes this size tire? Because my Journey is AWD I know that all the tires have to be the same and within an 1/8" of an inch of tread of each other. I am looking at replacing all 4 tires on my car just to be able to drive!!! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sad in Portland:-(

I know but usually they have to order them. The dealership should have them. Sears can order them and believe me they do have the best price.

wal-mart can also get them. You can also order them on-line, the tire rack, etc. also you can use the Kh16 99H, they affer a little softer ride. But the 19' tire is a joke,

They didn't offer me a different size or tell me that only Kuhmo offers this tire, Michelin came out with a 19' but they are $ 300 or more. The 225/55/R19 99T OR 99H

I got mine at Tire's First, in Columbus, Ga $ 450.00 for everything, that was just 2 tires, then they had to oreder the second 2.

Hey Did you try www.tirerack.com?

Funny you should mention them. My son asked me the same question. I did go online and found the tire, put them in the cart and clicked "check out"....and then it came up that they were unavailable:-) I actually had a guy at Discount Tires find one in Oklahoma that someone had ordered from them 6 weeks ago and had never picked it up. It is on it's way to Portland and I am a happy camper!

I know but usually they have to order them. The dealership should have them. Sears can order them and believe me they do have the best price.

wal-mart can also get them. You can also order them on-line, the tire rack, etc. also you can use the Kh16 99H, they affer a little softer ride. But the 19' tire is a joke,

They didn't offer me a different size or tell me that only Kuhmo offers this tire, Michelin came out with a 19' but they are $ 300 or more. The 225/55/R19 99T OR 99H

I got mine at Tire's First, in Columbus, Ga $ 450.00 for everything, that was just 2 tires, then they had to oreder the second 2.

Boy, were you right about Sears having the best price! Even at that, it would still be $189 per tire. Yowzah!!

I am with you on the 19" tire being a joke. I do love the ride in my Journey, but if this is what is going to happen when I need tires every time, I am going to be really unhappy. Trying to figure out what to do now about winter tires!

Boy, were you right about Sears having the best price! Even at that, it would still be $189 per tire. Yowzah!!

I am with you on the 19" tire being a joke. I do love the ride in my Journey, but if this is what is going to happen when I need tires every time, I am going to be really unhappy. Trying to figure out what to do now about winter tires!

Do like everyone else and get 16 or 17" rims and cheaper tires. :)

I had a 2007 Pacifica with the 19 inch tires. When I bought my 2010 Journey, I went with the SXT and the 17 inch rims because of the ridiculous cost of the 19s.