Windows. Seats. Camera, HVAC Inop in Run

Dodgems

Here is one that had me stumped for a bit. We have a 2017 sxt. I have other threads about adding heated leather seats, camera, remote start ect. Basically I took it from a cloth SXT to a loaded R/T interior wise. Over the past 2 months the following started happening once every 2 weeks progressing to daily in the past week. I searched but didn't find any similar complaints. I was starting to think I had caused the problem with faulty wiring somewhere along the line when I upgraded it. I now think it's a faulty relay and this thread may help someone else in the future. 

The windows would work in accessory position. They would not work when ign was in run. The rear view camera came up but was just a blank screen, front and rear blower motors didn't work. The HVAC panels seemed to work and the screen showed changes with button presses on the panel. Just no blower. The seats moved but no heat. the windows were all inop with the car in run position. I could hear the blend doors moving. The radio showed the fan changing speeds but neither fan would work. The mirrors and door locks worked. Just a mismatched failure of specific items. Did not matter if engine was on or off.

The problems occurred more often on cooler mornings for the last month. So 50's for a morning temperature. Usually everything would work by the time my wife made it to work. Sometimes in a minute, sometimes it took most of the drive. A few times it would not work at all on her morning commute which is about 40 minutes. She would hear a "ding" through the radio and everything would be on again. After sitting outside in the sun all day it would always work for the drive home. The few times I tried it always worked. Until today.

I finally got to it when she was off work and it was acting up. I found multiple codes for the amp, the windows, rear camera, heated seats, heated wheel and hvac. Codes ranged from open to short to lack of communication on various modules. There was low voltage codes as well as a code for ign run short to ground or open. At this point I know I messed up somewhere.

I cleared all the codes and then checked for codes in accessory it showed the B2121-15 code right away. Putting it in Run 13 codes popped up after about a minute of running. I looked online and didn't find anything useful. I checked the schematics and found there is a replaceable relay for the ignition. Simply labeled " Run" . I pulled it and the windows worked. I grabbed one off the fuse block for the Rt I stripped and popped it in. Everything worked !

Replacing the K107 relay seems to have fixed it. I assume it shorted out internally. It is the only large relay in the interior fuse block. Being intermittent I will be wary for a few days but as soon as I removed that relay the windows worked in run. Replacing the relay and clearing codes again everything seems to be working as designed.