anyone have trouble with 19" tires

eola64

I recently had a flat tire on my 2010 R/T. put on the spare, turned off the antislip feature, tried to drive, had trouble keeping it on the highway at 30 Km per hour, awd light came on, engine light came on, could smell oil burning(oil was leaking ont exhaust), called road side assistance and they suggested a tow, we did that, and now chrysler is investigating. just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. otherwise, i have driven through slush, snow and ice (all at the same time) and love how it handled.

• 2 months later...

I recently had a flat tire on my 2010 R/T. put on the spare, turned off the antislip feature, tried to drive, had trouble keeping it on the highway at 30 Km per hour, awd light came on, engine light came on, could smell oil burning(oil was leaking ont exhaust), called road side assistance and they suggested a tow, we did that, and now chrysler is investigating. just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. otherwise, i have driven through slush, snow and ice (all at the same time) and love how it handled.

i am currently have a flat tire and am driving on th spare the trier pressure light nd awd light is on.

did you find a resoulution to your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

i am currently have a flat tire and am driving on th spare the trier pressure light nd awd light is on.

did you find a resoulution to your issue.

I only have the tire pressure light on. Then again my is a 2WD R/T not a AWD. The only problem is i can't find any replacement for my flat. There is no 225/55 R19.

Just my luck and my car is only 3 month old. Now it is just sitting there in the parking lot.

Edited by airbon

hi there,

after extensive conversations with chrysler customer service, i have got an answer, they tell me, thru my dealer, that the computer has to have a software change that will recognize and adjust for the smaller spare tire. until this is done, they recommended getting a tow job if i have a flat tire, and not to drive on the spare. since then i have traded it in on a jeep commander, i drive too many miles per day, on secluded stretches of valley roads where there is no cell service. i have to be able to change a flat tire myself and drive up to 50 miles before i can get to a town to have it fixed.

talk to your dealer

I only have the tire pressure light on. Then again my is a 2WD R/T not a AWD. The only problem is i can't find any replacement for my flat. There is no 225/55 R19.

Just my luck and my car is only 3 month old. Now it is just sitting there in the parking lot.

Try Tirerack on line. Just bought the 4 tires for $203 each. I had almost 40k miles before one tire came apart on me. Should have bought snow tires and rims when I first got the car. Suprize how many miles I got out of the Kumho tires.

I experienced the same handling problem until the AWD light came on. Only drove for about 20 miles. Dodge needs to let owners know about this problem.