iPod integration cable and iPhone

I just purchased my first Dodge Journey SXT (deep water blue pearl}. It has the media center 430 with sales code RBZ. I have an iPhone that works connected to the iPod integration of a 2010 Challenger RT Classic. I get the message that it isn't an approved accessory. It will charge and play my iPhone iPod but will not when connected to my Journey. Is this an ongoing problem? Will another integration cable work better? I have seen that 82212001 will charge the iPhone. My dealer told me that "it's not a powered connection because of it's location in the glove box" (this is NOT a 5 star dealer and after I have some kinks worked out I will be using a different dealer), however the owner's manual says it will power an iPod. Any suggestions? My tunes will play, but it does not charge, to clarify.

Thanks!

Megan

You need convenience group II to get the ipod control, works quite well apart from i needed to pick up an adapter to allow charging, i followed a link from below to find the issue the apple store sells this.. http://store.apple.c...mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone 3G and nano

Convenience Group II gives you..

Adjustable Roof Rail Crossbars

Cargo Compartment Cover

Driver/Passenger Lower LED Lamps

UConnect Phone w/Voice Command.................Should be standard as its a legal requirement to be hands free today.

iPod ® Control...............................................works well with tmy non Nav myGig Radio: Media Centre 430 CD/DVD/HDD, just needing the above charging adapter

Rearview Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone

You need convenience group II to get the ipod control, works quite well apart from i needed to pick up an adapter to allow charging, i followed a link from below to find the issue the apple store sells this.. http://store.apple.c...mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone 3G and nano

Convenience Group II gives you..

Adjustable Roof Rail Crossbars

Cargo Compartment Cover

Driver/Passenger Lower LED Lamps

UConnect Phone w/Voice Command.................Should be standard as its a legal requirement to be hands free today.

iPod ® Control...............................................works well with tmy non Nav myGig Radio: Media Centre 430 CD/DVD/HDD, just needing the above charging adapter

Rearview Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone

I have the uconnect and Ipod control. The cable that came with it does not charge my phone. The dealer is looking into the issue further, but i have yet to hear anything. I'll keep that adapter in mind!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello -

I have a 2010 journey SXT.

Looking for a little advice regarding the ipod cable for a classic 160GB ipod and the touch screen sat radio that does not have Uconnect.

Could you tell me if there is a cable out there to listen and charge without a factory ipod feature?

Will the cable mentioned above work? ipod store link

Thanks appreciate any help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not sure this is the same issue, but I just picked up my Dodge Journey Crew with the Uconnect Touch 8.4 (RE2). I have tried multiple times to connect the my iTouch 4th gen/ 64Gb, but either the iPod say "accessory not supported" or the Uconnect system simply will not recognize the iTouch at all. I can connect via Bluetooth, but of course it doesn't charge and I don't get the album art cover work on the display. I paid for the USB/iTouch connect, but I'm getting nothing. Is this thing already broke? What gives?

Edited by swaingh

• 1 month later...

I have a huge issue where my radio cannot connect to the Ipad i have. This is just silly in this day and age. How many millions of Ipods and Ipads and Iphones are out there. The cord in the glove box doesn't even reach the fron seat. It doesn't even connect with the USB plug in the radio.... THis was so enoying after I bought it, that I nearly took it back. IS the only fix to install an aftermarket stereo????? I think Dodge needs to wake up on this one...

• 1 month later...