New Journey Owner

Katz

We've had ours for two weeks now and couldn't be happier. I was glad to find this forum to see the experiences other owners are having and if you're happy with yours. Hubby was a little nervous buying a first year model. He would rather wait a year or two for the bugs to be worked out. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Katz

Welcome Katz,

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the new Journey and especially happy that you were able to get one. Some of us have been waiting for a bit. Be nice to Rob in Alberta (Hit-By-Thunder) because he has been waiting two months and counting now. To say he's getting a little ansty would be an understatement but I think he read the manual front to back and is a good source of information on the radio and nav system.

I would not worry too much about first year models because I believe it's just an Old Wifes Tale. It might have been true 40 years ago but not any more. Most new vehicles arriving on the showroom floor today have been tested and tested some more before it ever hits the street. Quality Control is very, very important to car manufacturers today and no one wants to put another lemon on the street.

I bought a new 07 Caliber 14 months ago which was a brand new car line for Chrysler and it has been great. I had two minor issues. The software for the computer which controls the fuel injection system required an upgrade which was done during an oil change. One tie rod end was a little too loose which again was changed during an oil change. Hell I would keep the little car because it's great on gas with that CV Transmission and fun to drive except I took a SXT AWD Journey for a test drive and I had to have it.

WARNING TO EVERYONE "Do not even think about a test drive if you're not in the market for a new vehicle".

Again welcome to the form and come back often. Bye the way it's nice to know where people are posting from. As you can see, I live in Ottawa, Ontario and just because it happens to be the nations capital I have nothing to do with any government policies or decisions. I'm just one of the citizens that happens to have a job here. Hell, one of my sons lives in Clinton, TN

Keith

Thanks for the welcome Keith!

I feel for those who are waiting for their Journey. I'm not a patient person so if I was waiting I would be driving the dealership crazy for answers. The day I went to the dealership they had 23 on the lot. I wasn't looking to buy, I was just looking. Took one for a test drive and that was it. Walked the lot, found one that had what I was looking for and bought it on the spot. Can you say, spontaneous?

I got the Light Sandstone SXT AWD with the Pastel Pebble Beige Interior. As I said, we've had the Journey two weeks yesterday and love it. I had an 02 Ram so the size difference took me a little while to get used to but the more I drive it the better I like the size....easier to park and much better on gas.

I hope everyone that is waiting for their new baby gets it soon! You're gonna love it!

Katz

Thanks for the welcome Keith!

I feel for those who are waiting for their Journey. I'm not a patient person so if I was waiting I would be driving the dealership crazy for answers. The day I went to the dealership they had 23 on the lot. I wasn't looking to buy, I was just looking. Took one for a test drive and that was it. Walked the lot, found one that had what I was looking for and bought it on the spot. Can you say, spontaneous?

I got the Light Sandstone SXT AWD with the Pastel Pebble Beige Interior. As I said, we've had the Journey two weeks yesterday and love it. I had an 02 Ram so the size difference took me a little while to get used to but the more I drive it the better I like the size....easier to park and much better on gas.

I hope everyone that is waiting for their new baby gets it soon! You're gonna love it!

Katz

Katz, thanks for the "rubbing in" :hysterical: what all did you get for options? You have the exact colors we have on order,... wait I know where mine is now Holy crapping fish cakes :hysterical:

WOW!!!!!!!!!! 23 on the lot? everyones knows I am going to ask this question,.....

did any have the Nav?

Rob

Sorry Rob, I didn't think you'd notice that yours had been sent to my neck of the woods! Yes, they had two that I can remember that had the NAV. One black and the other in the Silver Steel Metallic.

Ours has:

Convenience Group I

Exterior Appearance Package

5+2 Flexible Seating Group

Power Sunroof

Katz